Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to sell the stock rec nav unit out of my 05 rt and have had no luck. I've had a couple bids on ebay but never above my reserve. I don't know if i'm asking too much, $500, which is less than what they are going for on ebay. My question is does anyone know what a good asking price is for this for a quick sale. I'm dying to replace it so I can get my sub and amp hooked up and I also got a archos 5 media tablet that I'm wanting to make a custom indash docking station for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have a LOT of experience with ebay and I find that when there is a reserve on an item people do tend to shy away. That's why I never use one. I would think that a starting bid of $100.00 would be fair and I don't think you would have any trouble getting $450 for your hu. But remember that what something is worth is not what others have paid but what someone is willing to pay you. One "trick" I like to use is offering free shipping when "buy it now" is used. Set the "buy it now" to your reserve price. If a bidder knows there will be no other cost for the item they will be more willing to pay a little more. As well, don't be afraid to spend a few more $$$'s buy adding more pics to your auction. In the end it does pay off.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Whats your e-bay rating? IF its low and your trying to sell $500.00 worth of outdated hardware...well thats not going to fly. I bought mine 4 years ago for $400.00 and now the nave is not doing so well so these are not known for their longevity.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
these are not known for their longevity.
First I've heard of this (not that I've inquired). I've had mine now over 6 years with NO issues at all. I've updated the Nav software a couple of times, that's it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
First I've heard of this (not that I've inquired). I've had mine now over 6 years with NO issues at all. I've updated the Nav software a couple of times, that's it.
My O5 Nav recently lost its joystick functions. While I can still navigate with the steering wheel controls, zooming in/out is a thing of the past... Now i'm stuck with having it fixed, shelling out +/-$500 for another one, or going aftermarket...
I have heard this is a common problem (while researching the issue).

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Joystick issues, rear fan failure issues, blank screen issues, Nav disk reader errors...and the list goes on. Mine has a lot of nav errors and every once in awhile it just wont turn on.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Joystick issues, rear fan failure issues, blank screen issues, Nav disk reader errors...and the list goes on. Mine has a lot of nav errors and every once in awhile it just wont turn on.
Wow, that sucks. I had no idea! I guess I should consider myself lucky to have an '05 that didn't have any bubbles under the mouldings, didn't have any issues with a Predator and no issues with the Rec Nav system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far I haven't had any issues with mine. It seems to be working perfectly, knock on wood. Maybe ill lower my price and repost it. My rating is zero, I've never bought anything or sold anything on eBay.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
So far I haven't had any issues with mine. It seems to be working perfectly, knock on wood. Maybe ill lower my price and repost it. My rating is zero, I've never bought anything or sold anything on eBay.
That 0 rating is more that likely your problem. People are vary leary of any high dollar item with 0 rating. I would try to sell it here, lxforums, and maybe magnumforumz.com first. Also craigs list might be the other alternative for you.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My NAV unit just went south. :-(. I'm really bummed out about this. Two weeks ago everything was fine then it started acting kind of crazy, then the navigation locator would spin in circles and not find me on the right track and then today the screen went black. Can't switch from am/fm to mode to NAV and can't switch stations only discs in the disc changer.

Anybody have any luck getting these units repaired or is it easier to just get a newer used one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts