Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing a lot lately that my stock speakers lose quality when my bass hits. I haven't blown a speaker. It's more like the vibrations from the subs are hitting the speakers wrong and are making them sound fuzzy.

I do have the 6 speaker setup, with the 2 on the dash. I'm thinking it's just the dash ones going distorted.

Is this a common problem? Are there any fixes other then just replacing them?

BTW, I know I need to put aftermarket speakers in. I'm setting up a purchase pretty soon.

· Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty surprised on how my stockers (Bostons) are holding up thus far. I'm planing on replacing them eventually though...

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only turn my alpine HU up to 21 without the sound going to crap.

It's getting sad that I can't listen to my music at the level I'm used to!

· Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Yeah..... then it's time Amigo !!!

· Registered
940 Posts
yea i have the boston setup as well both of my front door speakers have gone out (blown) had to replace them with factory ones. after these go out i have to get me some aftermarket ones!

· Even Angels Cast Shadows
3,877 Posts
I have the 6 boston speaker setup with an AMP+Sub running off the back left rear speaker spliced in with a line converter and mainly it is the rear speakers I have the most rattle come from and the very top of my hatch.

Here's what I did with mine:

I still need to take the back hatch cover off and lay down a big thick sheet of dynamate to keep it from bowing in so bad.

So far I'm pleased with the Boston Acoustics speakers other than interior and exterior rattle but thats expected with most any car at high volumes and a sub ;)

· Registered
317 Posts
get u some kenwood 5-ways...they sound great..

· Registered
17 Posts
JL `s new C2 entry level speakers are supposed to be verry musical, smooth and good bottom end. There price range is verry good.

· Registered
17 Posts
That would be a standard 6x9. Some guys have reported having a 6 1/2 on one side and a 6x9 on the other side. Take a flashlight and shine it on the grill, you should easyly see what size you have in your Magnum.

· Registered
285 Posts
dont settle with cheap stock cardboard speakers. even the cheapest aftermarket speakers will make that issue stop.

I have 3 x 12's and just upgraded my door and read mids. sounds supper crispy! majour dif.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.