Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been reading the posts about transmission problems and what I have is shifting clunks. When my mag downshifts it sometimes clunks, also when I shift from drive to reverse and drive to park, I get that sound like my tranny just hit the pavement. I've taken it to two different dealers and they can't seem to hear it. It doesn't happen every time and never seems to happen when the dealer has it. Any ideas on how I can get them to fix something they can't hear?

Second noise happens when I speed up and slow down. It sounds like golf balls rolling backwards and forwards. Naturally, I thought it was my golf bag in the back, so I took that out, but still hear it. Again, the dealer heard nothing. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am also having some strange noises and sudden power loss in my 06. Started to hear weird clunking coming from the front when ever I go into reverse and turn and a weird low grumble from the rear whenever I take off hard from a dead stop. Took it to the dealer and they confirmed the sounds but could find nothing wrong, just curious if any of ya'll have the same or heard of anyone else with this problem. Also recently as I'm on my way into the parking lot at work the car just cut out on me, it restarted with no problem. go figure that it's Labor day weekend and they won't be able to work on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had a noise from the front kind of like a pinging noise when i am going slow and making a left or right turn. I took it to the dealer and they heard the noise but also couldn't find anything wrong and he said it was probabaly nothing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
06 Magnum R/T, 10,000 miles

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just reading the posts, and I know that I have lost my cats on both of my cars. If it feels like a light pounding in the floor board, I would have them checked. It will happen when you get on and off the gas, but it will not do it everytime, do to the reason that it gets stuck.(the guts of the cats). Something for you all to look into. Good luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts