Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first magnum about a month ago, and fell in love. The only problem is this, she's mute. The previous owner had stripped out the BA system to install custom speaker panels in the door, and successfully destroyed them. All four of them. I have remover the homemade stuff but the leftovers need to be replaced. That's not my main concern though, it has no radio, no speakers anywhere, and I have no idea if the dash kit that is in it now is factory or aftermarket. But regardless of that piece, I need help finding out what kind of speakers fit, and where. I know the back has 6x9s but the rest of the car is a mystery. I can post pics tomorrow evening if that will help. Please, anyone. I NEED SOUND.

·
Registered
515 Posts
There should be 6x9's in the front doors but if the factory adapters are gone you'll need those to mount the speakers back in. The dash speakers are 3.5".

·
Registered
109 Posts
If the factory amp is still there you can probably integrate that with a new head unit. (Check behind the trim panel under the steering wheel). A better bet would likely be a new head unit and an aftermarket amp or two. With the battery being in the back it makes for pretty easy installation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The factory amp is still there but the wiring is all botched. Its trashed in there. The amp is buried in a rats nest of shoddy wiring. The previous owner had a remote start system installed, and not very well. I had to bypass the factory speaker wire and run my own. It was safer, trust me.

Now as for the 6x9 in the doors... The last guy removed the speaker mounts in exchange for 3 6.5s in each front and 2 in the backs. A custom fiberglass job, free if anyone wants to pay the shipping. I want the 6x9 mounts for the front doors. They are missing, I had to get creative (ghetto as hell) to mount mine. And I would love to have them properly attached. I'm slowly solving the puzzle that is this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts