Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
normally, this is the section where the OP tries to get the members anxious and guess what mod is in the works with some elaborate play on words or teaser pics.

im not smart enough for all that. so here it is. im gonna suicide my rear doors. purchased the kit last night. i wish i had some expierience in metal fab, but i dont. so i wont be tackling this project. i will be the onlooker as my guy hooks up my doors. i will keep you posted with updates!

the hinges are gt factory 180 degree suicide doors and are beefy as hell

april 13 2010
as promised...pic of ONE hinge. this one is for the rear passenger door.

december 30 2010
cuts have been made and the hinges were seated in to check for fitment. hinges will be welded so when the doors open, they will be parallel to the deck. ohhhhhh yeaaaaah!

january 22, 2011
sooo...the location that was suggested to my guy by some other guy thats supposed to have done this before isnt gonna work with these hinges. so they had to be moved up in order for the doors to open up to the full 180 degree potential of the hinges. below is a pic of the current location for the hinge

january 25, 2011
making progress. got the driver side door hung...but not permanently welded yet. so, the door still doesnt open the full 180. damn. but hes looking for ways to make it work. i may just have to give up on that one. anyway, here are some shots.

march 12, 2011
been a lil bit. work been keeping my busy. stopped by the shop...planned on laying some sound deadner, but it was just too dirty on the inside and they body shop still has some more work to do. so i snagged a couple pics of the progress.

hole has been sealed up (metal of course) and smoothed out. lil more work needs to be done, but its damn near a wrap.

hatch handle shaved

front doors shaved

·
One wicked azz car!
5,940 Posts
good luck hope your guy has much experience with the magnum as it takes a lot of re enforcing to do it right... usual price tag is 8 to10k anyone who has paid less has sagging doors that dont open straight...

·
Tired Boss, Dog Tired
2,909 Posts
Good luck, take pics of the progress if you can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good luck with that, I hope everything turns out good. Which kit did you get for this install? I had a friend that did the suicides on his charger and it turned out alright.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
good luck hope your guy has much experience with the magnum as it takes a lot of re enforcing to do it right... usual price tag is 8 to10k anyone who has paid less has sagging doors that dont open straight...
Just ask KGBPRO It took him two tries and almost 2 years to get them right.

·
Registered
712 Posts
that will be awsome

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Thanks for gettin straight to the point, I hate teaser threads. I just skip right past em. Can't wait to see the new mod, suicides look like a lot of work.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah im so ready to get this project started. the owner of the shop is a metal fabricator by trade and knows all about reinforcing the doors and door jams. we sat down and talked about all it would take to make sure there would be no sagging and that the doors will open up straight. yes this will take alot of time and work to get it right. there will be no half-assedness goin on here. i already know the amount of work that will be involved in the project and will help out any way i can, which i dont think will be much. i already know not to rush the man...he started giving me a timeframe on how long the project would take and i stopped him mid sentence because i dont want him to be rushed at any time throught the project. i want it done right the first time. he takes alot of pride in his work and has actually turned down work before because he didnt want his name associated with it.

thats enough of that. just waiting on delivery of the kit. here is the kit that i bought:

manufacturer website

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damn, this is going to be hot. I am going to make sure I dont park by you anywhere...lol. Is Johnny working on it? I stopped by the shop today to see if anyone was around and to meet up if anyone would be there.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn, this is going to be hot. I am going to make sure I dont park by you anywhere...lol. Is Johnny working on it? I stopped by the shop today to see if anyone was around and to meet up if anyone would be there.
yeah, johny is gonna be the mastermind. too bad you didnt come through today. there was a nice showing of cars there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yeah, johny is gonna be the mastermind. too bad you didnt come through today. there was a nice showing of cars there.
I was in my old stomping ground, Dinwiddie, VA visiting old friends and getting my windows tinted. Would have been nice to stop by. Hit me up and let me know if anything is going on.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts