Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fail on my part...

Went out for night on the town with some old college friends and parked my car at family member's house. Well, i left my sunroof opened at vent position. Needless to say (Murphy's Law), pop up thunderstorms came thru and drenched my car. No water made it all the way in the car, but it is very wet around the glass (kinda where that plastic accordian piece is).

Now will this drain out? Or should i prepare for some water roof damage?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't have a sunroof but from previous cars and taking apart the magnum it has a water runoff that runs through the front pillars and drains out the car

·
Double-U Tee Eff
3,065 Posts
water runs down to the front corners of the sunroof and drains down to just behind the front wheel wells

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the drainage holes, passenger side seems to drain a little slow. These prone to clogging?

·
Double-U Tee Eff
3,065 Posts
Found the drainage holes, passenger side seems to drain a little slow. These prone to clogging?
yes! I had the driver-side hole plug up and water actually collected and started dumping over and leaking through the roof lining, onto my head and entire left-side of my body during a car wash ..... it wasn't fun

so I took our computer keyboard duster, wrapped some duct tape around the end of the straw until it bulked up and made a seal I could press against the driver-side drainage hole -- then, squeezed the compressed air right in there until whatever trash was in the drain blew out the bottom of the car and all the water that was trapped in there just flooded out. then, I did the same for the passenger-side drainage hole and all was good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts