Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love it. It's that simple. You should buy one.
The install is a no brainer and the results are sweet.
Nancy and Moony helped me shoot a tour of the process.
http://grinnerhester.com/superchips.wmv
I have not yet shot all the differences in how the car drives. These will be in Moddin Art Volume Two released at MoFo in October.

So far I have only topped at 130, just to see it go past the stock limit. While it was fast enough, I 'magine I'll see 140... then 150...
MUCH better shifting response. I totoally love driving in auto stick now. It goes when you go.
Speakin of shifts, I'm shifting at 6250rpms now. Again, a huge difference. Cornering hard enough, a 3rd gear scratch isn't unheard of and coupled with ported heads, 4th and 5th gears act like 2nd and 3rd only faster. All tourqy and stuff.
It's handy. Reads your cels should you have em and it clears em too.
Also, because it saves settings, I can load a setting for different driving situations... one for drag racing, one for auto crossing, one for grocery-gettin. Pretty sweet.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Another awesome video Grinner. I almost feel like I am watching Spike's TV's Powerblock when I watch your videos. Excellent job.

This will be one of my next mods for sure. For the auto stick, are you saying then when you shift to second it will actually do it quicker than the 2 seconds or so lag from the factory?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
instantaniously now.
Also will stay in 2nd till I change it if I set it up as so. Stock, it'll shift automaticly at like 5800rpms, even in autostick. In performance mode, it will stay in gear till changed. Good for auto crossing.
I notice it also shows 5th gear now. Use to go from 4th to Drive as far as the display.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
I ordered mine today and hopefully it will be here along with my air supsension before the weekend. I'm going to have a laborous(sp?) Labor Day weekend :049:

Any tire chirps into second gear?

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
I got mine today. I think it was the first time I was sad that my gas tank was pretty full. I want to run the 91 octane setting, but only have 89 in there right now. I have it set on the 87 economy mode. The shifts are much firmer. It still doesn't shift as fast as I would like it to in manumatic mode, but it is still a lot better than stock.

I also noticed that in manumatic mode, when you come to a stop it will automatically go back in to first. No more having to tap it over. Also, when you tap it down to get out of automatic mode, it automatically goes into first.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, thats what this flashpaq is for.
second gear chirps galore when I turn esp off at the dash.

·
Registered
98 Posts
cheapest place to get it?

I got mine from azoffroadperformance off of ebay, he list it for 475 with free shipping. I told him I would up the info on the forum, so let him know Nomoralz sent ya, thanks fellas. 400 bucks and free shipping was the final .

·
Registered
98 Posts
sorry, steve...............

I couldnt wait, just browsing through ebay and had to have it. Its all your guys fault, tempting me with grinners video and all............ gotta blame some one. ahahaha, thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
just went horsin' around

got my superchip programer in the mail, and just got a chance to play around with it today. My son and I were out checkin it out. Grinner was right when he said no RT should be without one. Had a half tank of 87, filled the rest up with 93 ran through the performance options. I dont know why in the hell they just didnt build these cars to do these things from the factory. It is a modern muscle car, with a granny sunday driver program in it from the factory. I feel like a man with a muscle car now............. and to see the look on your kids face when your layin rubber and still gettin it through the gears is just priceless. He says lets go test drive a new one program it and take it back, that way some one gets something special. Devious one he is......., and to all who have posted anything about this item, I truely thank you.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
I been runnin mine on 91 tune for some time now and love it. So far I can't get the trans setting to work due to my very early production date 04-04. The TCM needs to be updated, but I can't get any dealers to do it for me, so at SEMA I will be getting it updated..

·
Registered
294 Posts
A few questions to anyone that installed the superchips programmer,is it possible to set the computer (ecu) back to stock for smog, is it necessary to do so and does it leave codes on the ecu that a dealership will see and then tell you it voids factory warranty ?

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
The module actually stored your stock ecu flash on it. You can just plug the superchips in and restore the stock setting. It is actually recommended before taking it to the dealer. The dealer might have to flash your computer and the superchips flash would be gone and you would probably have to contact superchips to get the module working again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got mine for $385 shipped. Love it.

Gotta figure out what I need to do to smoke all four!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the great video! Sounds like a must have, so will order one. What type of steering wheel controls do you have? In the video they looked different, also, loved the hood-any chance you can tell me where you got in Thanks again--Stone

·
Registered
162 Posts
nomoralz said:
got my superchip programer in the mail, and just got a chance to play around with it today. My son and I were out checkin it out. Grinner was right when he said no RT should be without one. Had a half tank of 87, filled the rest up with 93 ran through the performance options. I dont know why in the hell they just didnt build these cars to do these things from the factory. It is a modern muscle car, with a granny sunday driver program in it from the factory. I feel like a man with a muscle car now............. and to see the look on your kids face when your layin rubber and still gettin it through the gears is just priceless. He says lets go test drive a new one program it and take it back, that way some one gets something special. Devious one he is......., and to all who have posted anything about this item, I truely thank you.
if it makes that big of a gain in feel i might just have to get one. too bad your not just a bit closer so i could try it out from yours

1 - 20 of 21 Posts