Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just moved to the northeast from Florida and I've been told lowered vehicles are horrible in the snow. My Magnum is badly in need of new suspension and I'd love to put an aftermarket kit on, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't lower the car. Is this something I should be worried about? I have a 2005 SXT RWD, btw. Any suggestions and where to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I don't know shit about suspension.

·
Registered
765 Posts
find a take off SRT kit or send Santi a PM and just get orange koni's and keep your stock springs

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
How much snow are you expecting on the roads? They only reason why a lowered car would not be good in the snow is if/when the snow build-up is taller than your ground clearance.

find a take off SRT kit or send Santi a PM and just get orange koni's and keep your stock springs
SRT springs will drop it about 1" but I don't think a 1" drop would be a huge deal . . . but then again, I don't know how much snow they get in the Northeast.

Not sure how high coilovers are at their full height but it might be near stock or just a bit lower.
I believe coilovers can go higher than stock ride height.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I'm lowered 2" and gettin stuck while driving has never been a problem. Our roads here are maintained very well in the Winter. I do have to clear my driveway of any excess snow before I pull outta my garage, otherwise I get stuck. There's only 5 inches of clearance between my front bumper and the pavement. Looking under the car, there's even less clearance than that. If lowering the vehicle isn't your intent, I would go with the Mopar set up if I were you. It'll drop you a lil bit but not like the Eibach kit will.

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
i have kw coilovers and never been stuck in the snow or have i had any other kind of problems. i am dropped about 2 to 2.5

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
If the city maintains the roads you shouldnt have a big issue. Most places are pretty quick about clearing the roads unless you are having a huge blizzard. But, There is always the option of Bags! The best of both worlds, lay to the ground in the summer, and if you get a little too much snow air it up!

·
Double-U Tee Eff
3,065 Posts
I have Eibach Sportline springs and the drop settled to a 2-1/2" drop from stock height ..... I have never had a problem with snow/ice situations -- and the winters were pretty bad in Kansas when I was stationed there

it'd be wise, if you don't want too much of a drop, to get Eibach's Pro-Kit with springs AND dampers

·
Registered
809 Posts
I believe you will have more problems bottoming out every day at entrances and exits in the Northeast let alone the frost heaves more than the snow. Often the crews will let the snow finish falling before clearing all the streets so some extra height does not hurt. And just to scare Fireman again, a town near me got 5" of rain in 2 hours and some flooding. You are used to Florida so I guess the rain won't scare you.

The BC Coilovers are adjustable to stock ride height even for the AWD crowd, but can not go higher than stock. I am unaware of any bolt-on suspension that goes higher than stock ride height on the LX platform. If you come across pone please let me know because I could use it. There are a few supporting vendors here that sell the BC kit and some reviews with install instructions here too.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If you want it the same just replace with oem parts and it should ride like new again.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Snow?......I see snow on TV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts