Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have sportlines now waiting for my Koni dampers. Im on 20x9's with a +15 offset. Tires in the back are 255/45 20 fronts are 245/40 20. Will eventually go into a 245/45 20 up front. Will I need to buy CA's or camber kits? I do not plan on going bigger in wheel size.

Thanks in advance fellas!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Typically, with the Sportlines, the resulting negative camber can be quite a bit out of spec. Negative camber is not all bad. It can improve vehicle handling. In extreme cases, it can speed tire wear.
I'm not a suspension expert but from what I understand, as the negative camber increases, the toe settings also change. It's the toe settings that have a more serious effect on tire wear.
Because of the lack of adjustment on the rear suspension, the only way to bring the toe back to spec is to reduce the negative camber also.
You need to have the alignment checked. If out of spec, the camber bushings (rear) and/or adjustable control arms (front) are recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
help please

I'm new here and could use some help. My mag has a 2" drop and Ive been riding on 20's. I have the Eibach camber kit with their front control arms and rear bushings. I tried puting a set of 22's on tonight and they seemed to be hitting a bolt coming down from above. my buddy says I need a kit that flips that bolt assembly around. does that sound right? if so where would I get that?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm new here and could use some help. My mag has a 2" drop and Ive been riding on 20's. I have the Eibach camber kit with their front control arms and rear bushings. I tried puting a set of 22's on tonight and they seemed to be hitting a bolt coming down from above. my buddy says I need a kit that flips that bolt assembly around. does that sound right? if so where would I get that?

What size are your tires? I use 265/35/22 on mine and still have almost 1/4" of clearance. I also use the stock upper control arms.

The clearance may be less with the Eibach adjustable front upper control arms.

Do you have a picture of it?

I've never heard of a kit that flips the assembly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The wheels are back at my buddys house, I'm tryin to find out the tire size. I'm pretty sure they were 35 series. I should have taken a pic. didnt even think of it. my buddy's a mechanic at dodge, he's the one who told me about the flip kit. says he's seen it a couple times on mags and 300's with 24s and drops. totally bummed really wanted them on last night.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Post a picture of the control arm....Specifically, the ball joint and the bolt.

You may be able to grind that bolt back enough to give you the clearance you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
finally got them on today. took the guy all day but it looks incredible! all cause of my Eibach control arms that came with their camber/ caster kit. just changed things around enough to raise hell. luckly the custom hot rod shop my shop deals with somtimes took care of me. I know he did it right, I wouldn't trust just anyone. I'll post some pics as soon as I have a chance. thanks for tryin to help. i really do appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
so who has a slammed magnum if you do. do you axles wear out more than they should be
My Magnum, (pictured above) is about as low as you can go while driving. Axles are fine. You may get some accelerated wear in the front tie rods. Other than that, no real problems to speak of.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
question

so if i have 2006 2.7 60k miles while im putting lowering springs i should get dampers/shoks as well? because i want a nice look but im using my car on daily routine. school work all of that. roads in new york city are no better then in russia lol. please help me cause usually i do something without thinking i overpay in the future.
sorry for my english...

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
so if i have 2006 2.7 60k miles while im putting lowering springs i should get dampers/shoks as well? because i want a nice look but im using my car on daily routine. school work all of that. roads in new york city are no better then in russia lol. please help me cause usually i do something without thinking i overpay in the future.
sorry for my english...
Anytime you're lowering your car, it's best to install dampers/shocks. It's not required, but it is best. The stock shocks weren't intended for the increased wear and tear that lowering springs place them under.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
i need two more weeks. to get the money together and make sure that the temp goes down (i take rims off, for winter) then i'll do it. I need eibach pro springs and dampers/shocks? if anyone has any websites (reliable) let me please know. im dying for my Maggie to look sexier then ever

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
tirerack.com

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
i cant even explain how much only ur topic helped me. saved time and money lol... im about to order my stuff on monday... now i need a mechanic who will do it. im goin to Lincoln Tech Institute. they have a automotive shop... ill c may be some qualiffied students will do it for free. thanx man. any time u in NY let me know.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You're welcome!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the info Fireman! I do have a question though, which one lowers the vehicle the most, sportlines or pro kit? Also, my magnum has very low profile tires, and the stock suspension is already sort of stiff...i live in Alabama, full of potholes. Would you recommend one over the other? I'm all for the slammed look...no wheel gap, FTW!:cool30:

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Thanks for the info Fireman! I do have a question though, which one lowers the vehicle the most, sportlines or pro kit? Also, my magnum has very low profile tires, and the stock suspension is already sort of stiff...i live in Alabama, full of potholes. Would you recommend one over the other? I'm all for the slammed look...no wheel gap, FTW!:cool30:
The pro kit is about 1.5", sport line is 2" and also will need new dampers. Pete got you info on the Forgiatos, but let me know if you want prices on suspension.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The pro kit is about 1.5", sport line is 2" and also will need new dampers. Pete got you info on the Forgiatos, but let me know if you want prices on suspension.
Yes, Pete gave me the price...lol...never did I think it would have been that much, but i guess when someone builds you a custom rim you will. I'm wanting to go with Sportline, with Dampers. I want to slam it...FTW.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fireman, I wanna ask u, since I'm going 24's-26's and I wanna lower the mag, should I use the sport lines, the pro kit, or just get coilovers? Waiting on my spindles now, so I'm good on that side. Also I don't want it too low cause I'm taking the mag to Orlando, so I have to worry about the flooding and stuff out there. She's sitting on 22's now, but I wanna do it big, cause I know how it goes down in the south.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts