Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
By the way, how are you doing so far on MPG? Are you close to your 35MPG goal?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
By the way, how are you doing so far on MPG? Are you close to your 35MPG goal?
Sorry, didn't see this question until just now.

Hahahahahaha.... No. Although I am up to 23 MPG lifetime, and 26.0 on my last recorded tankful in August, I am still nowhere near getting 35 MPG.

Had to garage the Karen-mobile this past August due to a bad water pump, and then left her garaged for deer season after I replaced the water pump.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
So, after almost half a year, another update.

Had to change the clutch slave cylinder, and this is why (click to enlarge):

It turns out that the OEM clutch slave cylinder was missing a piece on the very end of the slave cylinder pushrod. That was a problem, as I would have a little brake fluid leak past the cylinder every time I engaged the clutch. So I replaced the cylinder earlier today, and bled the system. Works fine now, and the clutch is disengaged a little before I fully depress the clutch pedal now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just read through this thread. Very interesting. As I read through it, the question that I had was would parts and even an ecm from a Challenger stick shift have worked, especially after seeing all of the work you went through to modify a shift lever to work.

If you are wondering why I'm replying to such an old post, I'm self isolating in California during this pandemic, and I just bought a 2006 Magnum R/T in Feb. and just joined this site a month ago.

Again, nice work, I'm impressed! I'm a 74 year old retired transport refrigeration mechanic & car nut.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.