Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, but I have 1 concern about my magnum. The trunk!!! It will not open unless the key is in the on position and all doors are unlocked... I do not know why this is or if thats how it was manufactured, but its a pain in the ass tryin to get in and out of the trunk. There's no key hole or push button to open it!? I have a 2007 SXT dodge magnum. Anyone have any thoughts or help on this? Other than that I love my magnum.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Same here! That is kinda strange....Mine does not open with the fob. I have to unlock the door then it works. so it sounds like your is normal...

and Welcome from Michigan!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah, i can only open mine when i unlock the doors either with the key or at the door itself. my key doesnt have to be in the ignition though..thats kind of odd. I just got used to it but if the key has to be in the ignition for you i would see if anyone else has to do it like that. thats too much of a hassle imo

·
Registered
382 Posts
I find if I press unlock on the key twice I can open the trunk, but if I only press it once I cant. I guess all the first press only unlocks the drivers door and the second press unlocks the rest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a simple way I would be able to hard wire the power to the trunk so I dont have to have the key on, but instead just have the car unlocked to open the trunk?

·
Premium Member
11,940 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
If all 4 doors are unlocked (not just the drivers door), you should be able to open the rear hatch - no key needed.

You can program your key remote to unlock all 4 doors with just one button push.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts