Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
rollin and lookin good
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welp..... it was one of those 95 degree days here and I leave work thinkin I will switch on the air and cruise home..... yeah right.

What really happened? Get in the mag and hit the key....she purrrrs as usual... I reach down and hit the air...it kicks in real nice.

Now ...for the stinger..... I go to pull er in gear.....NOT A FREAKIN chance...she wont budge....yes sir ...sitting there in what feels like 110 degress..sweat rollin of my arms.... and wonderin...how am I gonna get the bad boy home. Hmm..Triple A comes to mind... I call and they dont even know where I am on the map....after about 20 minutes of explaining how to get to me...(right of the MAIN road)..they finally say.."We are sending a flat bed for you"..I say ok....not thinking and hang up....then I think....the freaking back wheels....stuck in park.....I call back....then the tow guy says....well if I sign a waiver....they can drag my car up on the flat bed....DRAG .....as I wonder what he may have injusted for lunch to make him think so stupid....I decline and inform him Its NOT JUNK. anyways....after all said and done...380 dollars to replace a PLASTIC shifter....PLASTIC....I remember them being metal....thanks for letting me rant a little...and yes ...the mag is back on the road.....PLASTIC....oh my goodness....plastic

·
Swaggin' Wagon
1,196 Posts
There have been a lot of 'pink thingy' posts this week... wow.
I think its about time to visit BT for the METAL piece. I have been very very careful on shifting since all these posts been popping up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Unfortunately, I got a huge chuckle out of this bro, CUZ I FEEL YOUR PAIN IN ALL SENSES!! including the darn flatbed tow truck!!!!!

But at least you have yours running!! Mine is at the stealership!!!

WHY HASNT THERE BEEN A RECALL ON THIS!?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Sorry to hear that homie, change mine about 3 weeks ago.

And where does $380 come in???

·
Registered
42 Posts
WOW, these pinky things must have a destruct code written into their little plastic bodies. Sounds like a manufacturer.slealership conspiracy.
There should be a BT replacements and a national 'Change the Pinky Thing Day' across the country.

Got my BT replacement in the car but it is to dam-ed hot out there to change it.

Problem is when you go to the stealership for a replaced super costly replacement, what you get is a new shifter with it's own little pinky thing to break all over again.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Unfortunately, I got a huge chuckle out of this bro, CUZ I FEEL YOUR PAIN IN ALL SENSES!! including the darn flatbed tow truck!!!!!

But at least you have yours running!! Mine is at the stealership!!!

WHY HASNT THERE BEEN A RECALL ON THIS!?!?!?!?

The reason there hasn't been a recall is because according to Chrysler the part only breaks if mishandled by the owner.... mine never did break but I replaced it anyway.... apparently according Chrysler if you are shifting in and out of part "properly" the part won't break... meaning if you shift in or out too quick then it breaks... so you need to be nice and gentle and slow with your shifting......

·
GNR=Gun it N run it!
1,405 Posts
Someone posted a way to get it out of park with the pink thing broken. You have to take apart the shifter console, but it could save you hundreds. I'll see if I can find it.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I think its about time to visit BT for the METAL piece. I have been very very careful on shifting since all these posts been popping up.
4 real. I think about that stupid pink thing everytime I shift now. I'm gonna order a replacement just to ease my paranoia.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
You could have popped off the chrome trim piece around the base of the shifter, reached in with a screwdriver and pushed on that cable - near the front of the shifter.

Then you could have shifted to drive and got home.

Bob

·
Banned
455 Posts
If there is one thing about these cars that scares the living Hell out of me, it is the Pink thing breaking. I suppose I will not only be ordering a Billet tech one, but also be sending Dodge a nice little letter of disappointment. well off to call BT.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Does anyone know if the pink thingy has been "fixed" in the 08's?? or should I go by one and beat it to the punch?

·
Banned
455 Posts
I was told that that part number for the 08-09's are the same as the 07's and earlier......so i am not for sure.....I asked my stealership if i can just upgrade it and he was like "What for...it is a perfectly good working piece of equipment"....Yeah...right....but he said that there was no difference in mine and the new ones...so I dont know.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
If there is one thing about these cars that scares the living Hell out of me, it is the Pink thing breaking. I suppose I will not only be ordering a Billet tech one, but also be sending Dodge a nice little letter of disappointment. well off to call BT.
I'm feeling this. I've read quite a few threads of this issue and I'm friggen new here. I think the night I pick my Maggie up I'll bring it home, disable the pink thingie, order the BT one and install once here, bubble wrap the pink thingie and send it off to Chrysler, or better yet, NBC Dateline :) We should all send them in one large box.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm feeling this. I've read quite a few threads of this issue and I'm friggen new here. I think the night I pick my Maggie up I'll bring it home, disable the pink thingie, order the BT one and install once here, bubble wrap the pink thingie and send it off to Chrysler, or better yet, NBC Dateline :) We should all send them in one large box.
Great idea!!
To give y'all an update with the black mamba and the "CRIPPLER" ( that's my name fir the pink thing), called the dealership this morning, they have had it since 9am sat morning.. I have a full warranty mind you.. Asked if I can get my rental as it is covered as part of my warranty, they told me sat to wait til Monday until they figure out what is wrong with my mag, I explained to them and even showed them the part that is btiken on my iPhone.. They said that they would have to wait til Monday til they can look at it.. So today I call and they said that they have to call a dodge dealership since I bought mine at a ford dealership and they won't get to it til tomorrow(Tuesday) then they said if it is that part(crippler) they would have to order a whole new shifter cuz they can't just replace that part!???????? I said yes you can as I'm gonna order the BT one as soon as y'all give me my car back!! Then they said that it will be wednesday by the time they order it and get it back to the dealership.. Then by Thursday I should have my car!!!!

Almost a week since the CRIPPLER struck!! By the time I get my black mamba back and running.. All cuz of a little piece of plastic!! And I don't get my rental car til tomorrow..

So word of advice, GET THE BT ONE AND INSTALL IMMEDIATELY!!

And thank god that I have a warranty and don't have to pay fir this out of pocket!!

Sincerely
BLACK MAMBA

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wow, this is like the 4th or 5th thread about this thing (the Crippler, I like that, LOL). I'm still under warranty as well and that part is in the mail as we speak. You better believe the dealership is switchin' it out for me...they don't want the Supermag getting super pissed!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
ive this some where else before. lol well not funny but read it before from some one else. what exactly is this "pink thingy" do the SRT8s have this? is there a real name to it so i can have mines replaces with something that wont get stuck?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wow, this is like the 4th or 5th thread about this thing (the Crippler, I like that, LOL). I'm still under warranty as well and that part is in the mail as we speak. You better believe the dealership is switchin' it out for me...they don't want the Supermag getting super pissed!!
So if I order the BT one, I can take it to the dealership and hav them install it?? Doesn't sound right..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts