Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Also, what about doing straight up black and whites or sephias?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I would say in order to keep it fair and easy to compare photos, they all need to be similar (which is why we'd have a theme each month). So maybe one month we will have a BW contest, and a Panorama contest. keep them separate.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Cool, Just had to ask. I like BW. There is actually more detail IMO in a BW than there is in a full color shot.
Im going to mow my yard this weekend and pull a killer shot at sundown!

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now that's funny sh!t right there, Idontcarewhoyaare! lol.

Ok, So I decided to help out with this and I think it's a great idea since our cars photos easily get lost in the forum. That's only natural since we come up with new things to talk about so often. Having a dedicated thread just for photos of our cars followed by a monthly contest is really good and we should keep this around.

Ok, so the rules in this contest are great, they make it fair. But....here's a side note: I would say no cell phone pics. It doesn't matter how good of a phone you have, it will still not be like taking a pic with a cheap digi camera. So, borrow one if you don't have it. The no photoshopping is also good, but hard to govern when you say "some" editing is ok. It would prb be a good idea to go just a little deeper with that rule. Just say "no HDR, no artistic editing such as black n white with color, no layered editing techniques (then flattening the image), etc... I can give a more detailed explanation if you guys ask. These photos should just be "touched up" in photoshop, nothing more. Compisition means more in a good photo anyway, so just pay attention to the surroundings you pick as your place for shooting. Pick up the garbage around your frame of photo (something I tend to forget). Then just wait till the sun is right (around 6-7pm now).

Ok so what I'll offer to do for the winner: I will edit the photo like I do with mine and print/send you an 8.5X11 print. Shooting in RAW will help the most, if your camera has it. But at the least, set your camera settings to the highest resolution size.
Thanks for the input Jerod. I pulled the rules from a previous photocontest but they can certainly be reviewed/edited through this trial run process. We can discuss them in more detail through PM.

Also, thank you for offering up a "prize" for some incentive. If this proves to be a contest we can sustain I will look into the possibility of other prizes as well.

·
Registered
874 Posts
sorry my pics will be from a cell phone.... its all i gots :(. my iphone takes some pretty god shots i think....

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
sorry my pics will be from a cell phone.... its all i gots :(. my iphone takes some pretty god shots i think....
You gotta send your pic to that rmail addy bro

·
Registered
874 Posts
This is just an example of my cell phine pic

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
sher is :) just the way i like it :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Way to lead this Andrei cant wait to get in on this when i get back
hey hes taking it over but i asked about it lol :) thanks for getting this going!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
off topic but is that a wings west wing on back of your mag?

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
So i managed to cut the yard this weekend but the weather did not cooperate. Rain rain rain! maybe today but it dont look like it right now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Cant believe theres another magnum owner with matching plates.... Small world lol

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
ok, any chance I can share my picture on the forum anyway? I really love this pic i took and would like to share it with yall or do i need to wait until the contest?

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We had an extra week leading up to this but not that it's June the contest has officially began! Three weeks remaining to get your submissions in.

ok, any chance I can share my picture on the forum anyway? I really love this pic i took and would like to share it with yall or do i need to wait until the contest?
Since this is the first month, and only a trial run, it don't think it's a big deal.

In the future, I would suggest you post other photos from the same photoshoot but not the actual contest entry.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I can't wait to see some of the photos! You guys need to really step it up and take some good shots so we can keep this contest alive. The cmom only gets 24-30 votes, that is bad guys! We have 16k members here.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.