Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The theme used on this site, well, it really starting to hurt my eyes. It's not appealing. The logo's are extremely outdated, the site theme with the faux carbon fiber looks horrible, and there are empty modules on both sides of the homepage (Auto Insurance, Sponsors, Featured Product). Whats the difference between Affiliates and Network links?

The site is starting to look like there is no maintenance done on it anymore and it's starting to go downhill. Membership is decreasing, regulars don't come on as much. There are banner ads that cover the logo up top. Why is there a calendar on the homepage? What does it do?

I've made more than one donation to this site through the years to keep up my support. With that, ownership coming in once in a while would be nice. I actually help pay to keep the hosting account alive. But I've been spending more time on LX because, well, it's easier on the eyes and there is just more knowledge.

For example, someone posted for their first post a legitimate question. No one gave him an answer, just a bunch of hello's. While hello's are nice and all, how frustrating would it be to ask a question in a forum dedicated to the very item he was asking about, and not get one single reply?

That's the kind of stuff that drives people over to LX. I know this site isn't in competition with LX, but seriously- this site has been on a downhill since the new ownership took over. No one is taking the lead over here and pushing this platform forward.

I know I'll have people say to me "then why don't you leave" and all that BS. Thats not what I'm saying. I've been a STRONG donator to this site. I'm not going anywhere.

I'd just like to see some leadership here and take this great site and push it in a direction that will ensure growth.

Rob

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I don't like the banner ads on our logo as well! Covers the whole logo!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
IMHO, you are right - as for the LX site, I think it is worse than this one. ESPECIALLY the stupid SKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

·
Administrator
855 Posts
Thank you for your feed back, while I don't see the logo being covered by the banner I can see why you're frustrated with that. That being said, I've taken out the empty modules on the homepage. I can see what you mean about the carbon fiber. What would you guys like to see as a skin here? Any colours or themes? I'll put in the request to get it changed.
KN Community Support

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my tablet, the banner ad covers the logo. However, I did click on a banner ad, which resulted in a purchase from that company.

Anyways, I run a website for a company that literally does millions a year in sales through the two sites I built and run for them. So I'm probably more critical than others in this area.

I'll look at themes for vBulletin.

·
Administrator
855 Posts
What browser are you using on your tablet? And you don't need to look up themes necessarily but any feedback is always welcome....provided it's useful and not full of "*(*^%# this site is the worst you suck" I mean if you want to say that, fine, more power to you, but at least tell us WHY we suck so we can improve :D
KN

·
GooN
950 Posts
My suggestion would be multiple themes.. One of the forums that I'm a mod on also uses vBulletin (older version though) and we have a few different themes.. The one I use is called Quake theme.. It's a high contrast Black background w/yellow text.. I find it's very easy to read.. Just my .02

eGo

·
hit it like a stormtrooper
2,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Here is the apple ipad safari

·
Administrator
855 Posts
Hello,

Is that giant red bar normal for you on the ipad? As for new forum skins and the top banner, I will have to discuss this a bit with the forum mods.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

~KM, community support

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That giant red bar that is blocking our CM logo is an ad when I took the pic it must have just switched. Today it is green advertising hybrid cars.com
Got a pic with the ad

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yup looks better already!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts