Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey- I was wondering if anyone with a 3.5 also has a throttle Body spacer.

I've installed one in another vehicle and I like the way it sounds, + the little umph!

I just installed a K&N CAI, and was thinking of getting a spacer as well.

I am also thinking of getting the Predator-

1. Do you have one? What kind?
2. Did it make a difference?
3. Do you think it's a good idea, or waste of money?

Thanks for the help and input!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was thinking of getting a spacer and a 30 mm TB as well. I am curious about the spacer also.

·
^you cant see my mag... hahaha
4,553 Posts
throttle body spacers are a scam.. dont waste your money... ive heard of people having trouble with tb spacers on mags... ie check engine lights poppin up...

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
I, too, have nothing except BAD things about thottle spacers on our cars! I agree WASTE of $$$.

·
Fab HO
1,015 Posts
Just another... Dont do it...their has not been any prooof that they do anything.If you feel like wasting a few bucks then...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
On older Carb/TBI Vehicles TB Spacers made a Big Difference because it aided in better Fuel Atomization, which is what gave them Improved HP/TQ... On more Modern Vehicles they only provide Air Turbulance that your Computer will eventually tune out, if not retard your Performance due to it thinking there is a System Malfuction/Part Breaking Down....

With our cars, you would be better off spending the Money on a Polished and Ported TB & Lower Intake, along with a Diablo Predator, all of which has been proven Numerous times to actually Increase Performance, rather than negate them.... If you still are looking for Mods, then I would recommend a 2.5" True System with an X-pipe, if you have not already installed one... From there I would add a pair of Headers, and eventually a MM Supercharger.... Now if you fiending for more, then I would say a Stroker 3.5, + All the above Items, if not stepping up to a 2.75" True Dual System..... After going that far though, I would look into beefing up your Trans, and Your Rearend(especially the Half-shafts, and different Gears).... Besure to remember and properly step up your Brake System as well, so you can get that Bad Boy to stop properly.... Good Luck In Your Power Quest! :beerchug:

·
Worlds Fastest Magnum-195.3mph
703 Posts
I would get a predator though, just my .02 $

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm - thanks for input peoples, and the break down Dragon!!!!! I guess I'll save some cash
I am in the market for a predator and I just got a quote on Duals....... AS IF STOCK DOESN"T GET ME IN ENUFF TROUBLE!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts