Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have a 05 magnum sxt 3.5l with K&N CIA and borla cat exhaust and was wondering if anyone knows if i can put any other kind of throttle body spacer that will mount up to my CIA. I have searched around for throttle body spacer by K&N with no results..... I know from from other threads on upgrading performance, many have suggested getting a tuner (diablo, hyper tech ect). I will consider getting a tuner soon but just curious if anyone could fill me in on any insights on my current setup on my vehicle. Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Don't waste your money in a throttle body spacer. They do nothing on these cars. They are intended for use in carbureted cars or cars with throttle bodies that introduce the fuel at the openjng with air input. In these applications, the throttle body helps tumble the air fuel mixture which atomizes the fuel in the intake manifold. Our cars have the fuel injected at each cylinder. The tumble effect does nothing.

Saving that money to put toward a Diablosport programmer would be the smart move.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Well most on here know my feelings on the TB spacers but here are my findings from a little over 60,000 kms of real world experience. They do work...but not in the ways that they claim. On my 5.7 I DEFINITELY get better low end but the high end suffers. They absolutely help my highway mpg but kill the city mpg. With highway I can pull 30mpg...city I am luck to get 14. Right now I am averaging 15.5mpg and fighting for every gain. My plan is to pull the TBS again next week when I will be cleaning the TB and (hopefully) watch my mpg go up. Been lazy about it though but since I am now 20/80 hwy/city vs the 80/20 I used to roll with I really don't think I should have kept it in as long as I have. But I wanted the long term, real world data.

But...and here is the BIG but...I would not recommend anyone get one. Put the $$$ into a tuner. I got a great deal on my TBS ($25 shipped) so it wasn't a big hit to play with. But I can definitely think of other things I would put that $25 into now instead.

So go with what the guys have told you and save up for a tuner. You won't be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fully acknowledge that getting a tuner will be the best move. Deffinitley gonna get one! Thanks again. Just a few concerns. With only a CIA and Exhaust, will i have to make any other purchases in order for the tuner to work properly? i know some tuners have an array of settings for the vehicle but i have 22 inch rims. Is that going to be an issue? will be able to adjust it does it or does it come with a setting with 22 inch wheels?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Gas Tuning Options:
-Premium Fuel Performance Tune- adds up to 30 HP and 30 TQ (Varies by Vehicle Type)
-87 Octane Performance- adds up to 20 HP and 20 TQ (Truck Applications Only)
-Mileage Booster Tune- add up to 3 MPG on Trucks and Cars equipped with AFM (Active Fuel Management)
Diesel Tuning Options:
-Tow Tune- Add 40-60 HP/ 100+ TQ and tow your factory towing capacity!
-Economy Tune- Add 60-100 HP/ 150+ TQ as well as 2-4 MPG Economy!
-Performance/Extreme Tunes- Add over 100 HP/ 250+ TQ, DiabloSport recommends and aftermarket cold air intake and exhaust with this tune.
Adjustable Parameters:
The Following Parameters can be adjusted in all of the pre-loaded tunes to fit your vehicle’s modifications* (Parameters Vary by Vehicle Make/Model/Year)
- Tire Size
- Axle Ratio (Gearing)
- Shifting
- Rev limits (Gas Only)
- Speed Limits
- Spark/Fueling (Gas only)
- Throttle Booster (Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Only)
- AFM Disable (AFM Equipped vehicles only- GM/Dodge)

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
As Dennis details above, a Diablosport tuner will allow you to set the tire size being used. 22" wheels aren't a problem.

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
I have the Diablosport Predator 91 tune in my SXT. It is DEFINITELY worth it. The car is def quicker, but the major benifit for me was the shifting, it's night and day. You will not be disappointed

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
And now some equal time for SuperChips tuners..............................................

LOL

Okay, I'll be quiet.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on! On average, can anyone give any info of the expected difference in fuel economy, HP, and Torque on a 3.5?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Texasmagnums2.7: I don't think they have tunes for the little 6. Just the 3.5L 6cyl and 8cyl. Do your research and make sure before you buy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.