Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of 22's on and my TPM light keeps flashing.

How do I fix this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, don't all rush to answer at the same time.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
I am assuming the new tires are not monitored?

I think you may have to take it to the dealer and have them recalibrate the computer to tell it not to monitor the tire pressure. I am not positive about that though.

If they are monitored and all the pressures are the same maybe a tire is out of balance???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you watch them change your rims? Ask them if they switched the "sensers" When I bougth my Magnum with 20 in rims, the same thing was happening. I took it back in and they said they had forgot to switch the sensers. This solved my problem. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the wheels over the internet and changed them myself. Do you know where the sensor is? Guess I can always call the dealer and find out.

Thanks!

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Did you ever find out the answer. I just bought a used set of 22's and the stinking light is flashing. I don't mind that too much, but the chime is annoying. Where you able to get the sensors in the tires with a low profile tire?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I've just found out, the sensors are are inside the tires. They should fit inside the new ones. I'm going to buy new sensors because I want to use the stock wheels for winter, and I'm not gonna keep switchuing them back and forth.

I was told without the sensors, the ESP and ABS systems will not function properly.

·
Rollin' in a Wagon Still!
2,503 Posts
As I've just found out, the sensors are are inside the tires. They should fit inside the new ones. I'm going to buy new sensors because I want to use the stock wheels for winter, and I'm not gonna keep switchuing them back and forth.

I was told without the sensors, the ESP and ABS systems will not function properly.
please someone tell me thats not true...if it is...how do you go about putting the sensors inside the tires that are already B&M?

·
They call me Destroyer
11,579 Posts
please someone tell me thats not true...if it is...how do you go about putting the sensors inside the tires that are already B&M?
your stealership can do it!

·
Registered
969 Posts
The sensor is part of the valve stem. You need all four sensors installed in the tires and then you may need to have the system reset in order for it to see the difference in the wheel size. Good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok don't worry I have the news right here..

After installing my 22's my light started blinking too, And no it doesn't mess with your ESP because it just activated the other night when taking a sharp turn @ around 55MPH and man it was kinda cool! So it still works.

As for the sensors you can use the old ones but they need a rebuild kit (New Washer) which sells for no more than 8 bucks per valve stem. Discount Tire does this and to do a total swap (Remove factory tires, Remove sensors, remove aftermarket tires, install sensors into aftermarket rim with new rebuild kit remount and balance) costs 55 to 60 dollars per corner! so roughly 200.00+ total (Average Walk In Customer).

Kinda pricey but well worth it??

This info came from a good friend who is a Manager @ Discount Tire here in San Diego.

Anyone who lives in SD and needs this done (CHEAPLY) or new tires (@ a Discount) let me know...

Ebay has them for around 30+ per sensor if u need new ones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts