Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got a Sweeeeeeeettt deal on these rims but im wondering if it would become too wide of a stance for Chuck ( my maggy named after the show. )

These are the specs:

Size : 20"
Width : 8.5"
Tires: 255/45/20
Offset : -7 (or ET 7 ) Not sure if positive or Negative

Thing is I have to put 1.25" spacers( converters ) to get the right Bolt pattern ( 115mm = 4.53 to 120.65mm = 4.75 )

Is this gonna Rub like crazy ?

HERE ARE THE WHEELS :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
IMO, it's going to look goofy as hell sticking way out past the fenders. Just the offset alone will put you out under the fenders. If you add spacers to that, they'll stick out more. Even if the width didn't matter to you, you can not safely use 1.250" spacers without swapping to longer wheels studs. You won't have enough thread to secure the wheels to the car.

It's only a sweet deal is they fit on your car!

·
Registered
373 Posts
gorgeous rims, had similar gunmetal style on my T/A, not worth the risk with the spacers n all that though
Hey, I just got a Sweeeeeeeettt deal on these rims but im wondering if it would become too wide of a stance for Chuck ( my maggy named after the show. )

These are the specs:

Size : 20"
Width : 8.5"
Tires: 255/45/20
Offset : -7 (or ET 7 ) Not sure if positive or Negative

Thing is I have to put 1.25" spacers( converters ) to get the right Bolt pattern ( 115mm = 4.53 to 120.65mm = 4.75 )

Is this gonna Rub like crazy ?

HERE ARE THE WHEELS :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The spacers are actually Bolt Converters, so in terms of wheel studs, it shouldnt be an issue.. but at a et 7 offset , it would be sticking out already ?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The spacers are actually Bolt Converters, so in terms of wheel studs, it shouldnt be an issue.. but at a et 7 offset , it would be sticking out already ?
Ok, I know the spacers you speak of and they are fine as far as the studs go but they're still too thick to use with a +7 offset. A +7 (without spacers) will put you out under the fender lip. You can cut the heck out of your tires. Recommended offset for these cars is +15 - +18, +7 will put you out about 1/2" further and that's not including 1.250 spacers.

Here's a +18 offset (below). Now, picture that with a +7 offset (1/2" further out). Now add the spacers and you'll be sticking out 1" past the fender.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh waww ! Thanks for the feedback guys !

I think i will try it out since im not lowered.. Who wouldn't try them just for the heck of it ;) ! i'll probably sell them afterwards , I got the set for 250$ so i'll probably double my money on them right ?

I LOVE THIS FORUM BTW !!

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Shop around. You can find similar lookin rims that actually fit your car. If you have to go thru that much just to make em fit... you shouldn't put em on. I say pass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to buy , fix and then resell rims last year to make a couple of extra bucks i'll do so with these if i dont like the look

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
Because your wheel width is only 8.5, I don't see you suffering a lot for it if your offset is -7. with a thinner (width) tire, you may be able to clear your fender without those spacers installed. Once you add the spacer, you may have to add spring assists to raise up your ride. You can get thos same wheels with a better offset without adding the spacers. I agree with most people here... It may look ridiculous with the wheel sticking out like that. You will be taking everyone back to the 80s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BACK TO THE 80s IT IS !!! For a day or two, i'll post pics for fun. And spring assists ? what are those , i thought that since im not lowered yet, i wouldnt have to worry about it scrapping everywhere.. dont worry i'm going to get a better set of rims sonner or later for now i just want to experiment :p !

·
From Silver 2 Sexy Bullet
1,783 Posts
Those are the metal inserts you pop into your springs to keep you ride from bottoming out. They are generally, for vehicles that have sagging springs. You can usually find them in your local auto parts store. You twist them into your spings and go. Good luck on your install.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Sorry to bother but fireman , how Wide are your tires , i foud a set with 22x9 with +18 offset.
You're not bothering me.......265/35/22. That size will fit nice on a 22" X 9" wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I meant how wide are your wheels and are they 20s ? and if i get a staggerred set , would using the same tire all around look funny ?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
My wheels are 22" x 9.5" all around. A staggered set with all the same tires might look a bit odd.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts