Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'07 SXT 3.5 , 110k
Recently noticed a grinding in my transmission when going between 40 and 50 mph and accelerating lightly (normally). If I take my foot off the gas, it stops, and if I romp on it, it stops. It sounds almost exactly like rumble strips on the highway. Everything else works perfectly fine! All other shifts are as expected.
Wondering what this could be/what it is caused by. Used Lucas Tranny fix awhile back, and my car was fine for awhile, this just now started. Perhaps I overfilled it, or my tranny didnt like it and is just acting up? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Sounds like the clutches in either the torque converter or the transmission are shot. It will more than likely get worse.....Probably sooner than later.

These transmissions do not do well with contaminated or worn fluid. To get whatever miles you have left from it, I would recommend that you have the transmission serviced. Fluid/filter change and hope for the best.

As a reminder, these transmissions have problems if under filled or over filled. Have a qualified shop service it for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Avoided driving it and got a flush at a local dealership today, problem disappeared. Will update if it ever comes back!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts