Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I haven't posted here in years! Been busy with life. Anyhoo, I still have my 06 R/T and have a leak in the passenger side line. The leak is where the rubber meets the metal, almost underneath the cat.

I was just thinking about cutting the metal portion out and replacing it with a rubber hose from a tranny cooler kit. A friend recommends against it as he warns that the line is pressurized. (The reason i was getting a hose from a tranny kit anyway). Still he thinks I shouldn't do it that way and recommended a long, drawn out method that involves:

Cutting the metal sleeve off so it's just pipe and replacing the rubber with a braided steel line.

Would there be any problems with my way or do you all recommend his way? The leak is super small but it's so saturated underneath the car now that it leaves two little drops smaller than a dime on my driveway every time I cut the car off. And it has added up tremendously.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would recommend the metal line.

I ran a rubber hose on an older car 20 some years ago with a motor swap. Lasted about 100 miles and leaked everywhere. between the temperature of the oil and the pressure it was one big mess for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would recommend the metal line.

I ran a rubber hose on an older car 20 some years ago with a motor swap. Lasted about 100 miles and leaked everywhere. between the temperature of the oil and the pressure it was one big mess for me.
That's the only thing I'm afraid of. Great... I don't understand all this AN8 and AN10 stuff. Cutting the metal line straight almost seems impossible!

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts