Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Transmission Problems in my 2005 Magnum SXT

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NOTPAID4 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Magnum SXT with 3.5L V6 24V High-Output Engine and a 4-speed Automatic Transmission. I am getting a rumbling vibration when I take off from a standing start. It continues as it shifts through the lower gears and almost disappears in the higher gears. Taking her to a tranny shop on Monday, and would like to get some ideas what to expect when I take her there. Anyone have some input?

#3 · (Edited)
You could have a contaminated transmission fluid issue, the torque converter could be having problems or worst case, transmission issues. A transmission shop should be able to help. Be weary of a shop that wants to immediately tear into the transmission or recommends a rebuild without a thorough inspection. If it were my car, I'd have the transmission serviced first. That should include a full fluid and filter change which can either help the issue or eliminate the possibility of contaminated fluid.. If that doesn't help, then you need to consider further investigation.

Scrap it for an rt or srt that's what I'm doing
This member is asking for help and that's all you got?....What the hell are you thinking? That kind of advice IS NOT welcome around here.

#5 ·
To give you some kind of idea on cost; Tee's DEMON car had the transmission, (4 speed), completely rebuilt and added transmission cooler and it cost us $1600.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.