So I'm still trying to isolate what is killing my battery lately. The battery is only 2 years old and now with the cold weather and the vehicle sits for a few days I have a dead battery. We charged the battery full and it's holding a charge outside the car. We hooked it back up and the car fired right up. Alternator is good. But, what we did notice is that the interior lights pull almost 5 amps. Is this normal? Engine off, turn those interior lights on and the battery drops to about 12.2. Turn them off and you can watch it creep back up to 12.6.