Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Um... hullo?
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the stealership wants $220 for an updated nav disc!! Searching online, the best deal I found was $180. I don't know about you guys, but that sounds pretty ridiculous for a DVD. I don't know where I originally found this (it very well may have been here!), but I just finished upgrading my nav unit and this actually works! I downloaded a copy of the latest Chrysler navigation disc (05064033AF), hacked it to remove the in-motion limitations (you can use it while driving) and updated my nav! It all worked like a charm and only cost me $4 for a blank DVD. Well worth it!!

Instructions here

Nav Download here

In-Motion Hack here

Good Luck!!!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Damn, you rock!

I have the old AD version that was hacked to remove the in-motion limitation, but I might upgrade,
BTW: some guy gave me a hacked copy on LXF for cheap a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
u hacked it yourself?

the software outhere are usually already hacked.y reinvent the wheel? but i'll take ur word.

anyone need this

pm me for an address, send me a blank "VERBATIM" brand DVD DL and i'll return it with the hacked update. i return it same day i get ur disc so ur turnaaround time is shipping time

·
Um... hullo?
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't hack it myself, there is a program that takes the original software and hacks it for you, creating a new version. I'll make the same offer as viper3ez for anyone who is interested: PM me and send me a blank VERBATIM Dual Layer DVD and I'll burn you a copy, and send it back to you! Easy as pie!

·
Registered
93 Posts
u hacked it yourself?

the software outhere are usually already hacked.y reinvent the wheel? but i'll take ur word.

anyone need this

pm me for an address, send me a blank "VERBATIM" brand DVD DL and i'll return it with the hacked update. i return it same day i get ur disc so ur turnaaround time is shipping time
Yet another reason why this forum, and Magnum owners, rock... :049:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Guys!!

WAIT!!

Make sure the version ends in .00 NOT .01 which is out there too. The dealer is now starting to check this. If you have an odd version, no more warranty.

You may get lucky and your dealer may not check but, they made me sign a paper that states if they find the revision is not supported, I owe them for the navi.

I run the inmotion hack too BUT, what I did was to have the MAIN.APN adjusted so the file does not increment. Some of the hack discks out there will make your file revision end in .01. This was done because some people already had put in the OEM non-hack version of the new disc. So, the only way to get the navi to update was to increment the rev of the APN file.

Here is the scoop...

If you have NOT updated to an OEM version of the AF disk, you should NOT run the in-motion hack available online. You should download that version and then send me a PM, I will email you the file and instruction to have your disc changed so the file number stays .00. This way, you should have no issues.

Last thing to remember....

If you have AD or older, once you go to AF, there is no going back to your OEM AD or older disc. AE OEM disc will work with the AF software with older maps BUT, AE is the only one. So, make sure if you are going to go this route, pick up an OEM AE disc cheap on ebay. This way you have something to put in the navi if you need to go to the dealer.

·
Um... hullo?
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if it's compatible with the myGig system or not?

DaddyGoFast -- Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. For me, it's too late, but I don't see how the dealer can say that I owe them anything if I didn't sign an agreement? And does this void the nav warranty, or the ENTIRE warranty? Gah... why does the dealer have to be such a... fallic-shaped-item?

·
Registered
273 Posts
What Navigation System Does This Work For I Have A My Gig Navi
Only for the older units. There is no update to the MyGig stuff yet.

Not sure if it's compatible with the myGig system or not?

DaddyGoFast -- Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. For me, it's too late, but I don't see how the dealer can say that I owe them anything if I didn't sign an agreement? And does this void the nav warranty, or the ENTIRE warranty? Gah... why does the dealer have to be such a... fallic-shaped-item?
Well, technically, it does not void the warranty unless they can prove your software caused the malfunction. At the worst, it will only void the warranty for your Navi. If you did not sign something then, you should be in good shape. Just make sure you have an OEM disc in the drive for any warranty Navi work.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
like i said before, this is not a problem except ur issues are software related.

i hav had a nav replaced with the hacked disc inside of it but it was the joystick that was broken.

they just refused to put the disc into the new nav.

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Does it have to be a verbatim disc, or will any dual-layer disc work?

·
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
3,790 Posts
My AD disk went bad under warranty so I got a free update to the AF version from the stealership, which I am currently running. So...can I upgrade to the newest AG? Or, at the very least, can I incorporate the In-Motion hack?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts