Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5L HO 5Spd RWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm currently in the process of completing a 3.5L to a 5.7L swap, along a AWD swap, I understand that the hardware is going to be the easiest parts to swap, the more difficult part is getting the computers to communicate with one another, this is the part I really need some guidance on, I have access to the tools and a high end scanner tool. The vehicles both are 2006, both have a Nag1 transmission

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,190 Posts
Hey,

Are you saying you have a RWD car you will be adding the AWD components to?

If so, the plan stops here. The body is stamped different for AWD, it has a space for the transfer case the RWD car doesn't have. You physically can't install a transfer case. There's no room.

I did the V6 to V8 swap, and I removed my AWD to make it straight RWD.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum 3.5L HO 5Spd RWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

Are you saying you have a RWD car you will be adding the AWD components to?

If so, the plan stops here. The body is stamped different for AWD, it has a space for the transfer case the RWD car doesn't have. You physically can't install a transfer case. There's no room.

I did the V6 to V8 swap, and I removed my AWD to make it straight RWD.
I don't want to be disrespectful when I ask this because I truly wish to learn more, but visually the vehicles look identical inside and out, other than the sub frames for AWD, but I also have to say this my insurance company did ask me about a dozen times if the car was a V8 or ever was

1 - 3 of 3 Posts