Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - Sooo it's been a little while since I've posted anything here but I have been doing major research on the site and net
I - like many other V6 Maggie owner's have the urge to upgrade my exhaust for looks, sound and or performance.
There are many threads debating on which systems to get and reviews on the ones people have.
HERE IS MINE,
I took my car to a shop that seems to be really popular in my city, I told him I wanted true duals and told him he prob knew better than me what would work. He quoted me $450 and I gave him the keys
When I picked up the car, I had true duals (catback - straight pipes (2.25 all the way) to two seperate reso's (in middle of the car) to two 40 series flowmasters (at the bumper) to my tips)

I started the car, and it sounded louder! Good! I drove away and had soo much drone inside at almost all RPM's - I was like WTF? performance wise it felt about the same as with out the system.
I drove the car for a few days very dissapointed and even more so when my wife was with me (It's soooo Loud, she says) but the salt on the wound was when I asked my dad to drive down the block so I can hear the system from the outside :( it was soo quiet, it sounded like a little honda civic and my dads neighbor said "dude you need to get an exhaust on that thing!"

So back to the shop I went:
I told him I wasn't happy and I wanted it redone!
After all my research, and sound clips and youtube video's I decided to go with:

Cat back- 2.25" pipe true duals to a X-pipe (under the bracket and heat shield) to two 40's flowmasters (in the middle) NO reso's out to dual tips!!

picked up the car for the second time, started it up and YEAH!!! sounds nice got in and drove it around- almost no drone! had my dad drive it and it sounds nice from the outside! and for one of the biggest debates "performance" I don't have a Dyno so it's all by feel but I didn't feel ANY low end power loss if anything I think I gained some!!

SOO - If you want to upgrade your exhaust do it right the first time!! I promise you won't be disappointed by this set up if you want it a little louder- go with the 44's or Super 40's but you will be plenty pleased with the sound from the original 40's

I Know I know NO pics video or sound clip - but I was too exited I had to post so as soon as I can I will post pics and video!!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
The guy that had Tee's DEMON car (Our 06 SXT) had true duals put on it with dual cats up front; NO X pipe, dual flowmaster 40s and small resos on the rear. This car sound fantastic and will keep up with both of our R/T's ~ don't know why???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a custom set up from a muffler shop here in town - but the mufflers are flowmaster 40's I paid $450, I would think that any muffler shop could do this for around the same price??

·
full 300 swap inside and out
3,307 Posts
ok i did the same thing out of a stock r/t exhaust and some super 44
i love it and i will not change it ever. but i did leave the stock resos on for now. and i have no drone in any range with a nice deep sound
nice post

·
"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO"
3,722 Posts
I think to each their own as far as brand go's me im staying with Zoomers great sound and performance. Price rage is much higher but does it mean its better?....no just my preference i just ordered my dual Zoomers i should have it next week just be happy with what you choose and on top i got a killer deal for coming back i would tell anyone Zoomers but everyone here will tell you something different just do your homework.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts