Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the V1 a few months ago... I thought it's time to hardwire it and install the extra display in the dash. Originally I want it to hide the display in the rear view mirror, but at night the cops can see it...

Here is the system. It's hiding in the headliner...

I had to cut out a piece out of dash "bezel".

Fit the display.

First layer of glass.

After the first sending.

After sending the bondo.

Cut out for the display.

After I bent the plaxy glass.

Plaxy glass installed after a few coat of VHT.

Back view: Display and the wire.

And a video in the dark to see if the display lights up good after 4 coat of VHT.

I hope you guys like this install.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That's pretty slick dude!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice clean install, I like the hidden second display, that's a nice feature, beans to you. Where did you mount the actual radar detector at?

·
Registered
424 Posts
that looks crazy! I love it

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
very clean, looks like it was meant to be there from factory, and no way any policeman would notice it even if they were sitting in your seat they wouldn't know what it is unless it went off lol. as abover where did you mount the detector?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice clean install, I like the hidden second display, that's a nice feature, beans to you. Where did you mount the actual radar detector at?

very clean, looks like it was meant to be there from factory, and no way any policeman would notice it even if they were sitting in your seat they wouldn't know what it is unless it went off lol. as abover where did you mount the detector?

I popped off the plastic at the end of the headliner and put the V1 in the middle. Works great, but one day I want to move it in the rear headrest...

·
Registered
141 Posts
the install is awesome!!
Ive been thinking if something like this and if it was possible. but you just answered that
looks sweet good job!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Works pretty good in the headliner. I don't know yet if I move it to the headrest or not. I don't think there is noticeable different catching signals...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts