Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got me a Magnum! My first major puchase for it was this Viper 5902 alarm. I had the whole deal installed yesterday for $700 (including window up/down for all 4) and was told the bypass module was installed as well. From what I'm told, this module is necessary for it to work properly.

Currently, I can remote start the car, get it, and then have to shove that beast of a factory key into the ignition and turn it before I can drive away. I would like to find a way of not needing that key to drive the car and be able to just hit the button, jump in, and drive away. I also don't want just anybody to bash the window and drive away after I've started it. Is there some kind of small proximity transmitter I can have on my key and a sensor to install under my seat that knows if I'm ion the car? Then I just need a way to bypass having the key in the ignition.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but not a professional installer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Remote Starts are not going to let you do that.... simply because you start your car from your house or walking to it and some one can then hop in and drive away. Which is why you need to put your key in. Plus the factory key has a chip that the car recognizes and will shut down if the car is placed in drive before the key is in the ignition!!

·
Double-U Tee Eff
3,065 Posts
a guy had that on his BMW ..... he just stood next to his car and when he got closer, the doors unlocked ..... he got in, closed the door, and was able to start the car with a push of a button - the key never left his pocket. :D I would love something like that on the Magnum.

·
If only I could stop moddin'
732 Posts
Your talking about a push button start, the Corvettes and Challengers came with that as an option if i'm not mistaken. You keep a lil' transponder in your pocket and the car picks up the signal. Slide in - push the button and your off. Presto no key

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
a guy had that on his BMW ..... he just stood next to his car and when he got closer, the doors unlocked ..... he got in, closed the door, and was able to start the car with a push of a button - the key never left his pocket. :D I would love something like that on the Magnum.
my bosses 08 g35x does that , it bugged me out one day going to lunch..never had his keys in his hand or hands in his pockets, we were walking up to the car, got about 10ft from it, doors unlocked, then we get in and he just pushed a button, im like how did u do that, and he goes thats how the new infinities are, the chip in the key and car recognixe when im near and unlock the car by itself, i get it, it still has my recognition, so i can just start it, but u have a time frame to open the doors and start the car befor it relocks and doesnt allow u to start it..cool shit never having to touch your keys, lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So does anyone know of any aftermarket options for this. I can't be the only one with the problem with these bulky keys bruising my thighs. I've shifted the rings around some to try and slim them down in my pocket (my best fix so far).

Thanks guys

·
Video Game Modder
2,609 Posts

·
If only I could stop moddin'
732 Posts
So does anyone know of any aftermarket options for this. I can't be the only one with the problem with these bulky keys bruising my thighs. I've shifted the rings around some to try and slim them down in my pocket (my best fix so far).

Thanks guys
Get a small caribener or D-Ring clip em to your keys and clip that to your pant loop (you'll look like the handyman though) but no more bruised thighs

·
Programming and wiring GURU
1,273 Posts
your talking about keyless go, and yes it is available on the 2010 version cars mostly the 5.7s and srts .

a viper can also interface with the keyless go as it will start the car then you still have to go and hit the push start button, but at that point the car will know your running so it wont over crank. and then you just go. bad part is the modules OEm required for that system to work on your car has not been done yet as far as my knowledge. Between me and another LX member I think in the near future i will be attempting it. But the cost of the systems are from the dealer are about 400. or more. but the price of the product is nothing compared to the programing. so If I ever do a oem keyless go system I will infact make a write up and fill you all in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts