Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just introducing myself. I have a 2005 Magnum R/T and just love it. I have only doen minor mod's to it so far, but eventually intend to add some more to it. I have added a cold air intake, a-pillar guages (air-fuel mix, voltmeter, and oil pressure), upgraded my stock CD player to a GPS Navigation System, and customized the dash. I'll try to add pictures soon.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Welcome to the site. Let us know when you get some pics posted. What kind of guages are in your a pillar? How hard were they to hook up to the factory wiring?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A-Pillar Guages

Steve,

This was a mess. I installed a Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, and Air/Fuel Mixture Guages. I had a local garage install these after four other garages refused to attempt. It appears that the wiring on the Magnum's is a bit more sophisticated than other vehicle's. Each electrical component runs off a seperate power module, and on top of that, there isn't a constant 12 volt power sourse like the old days, with the exception of the cigarette lighter.

The Air/Fuel mixture gauge is another issue. The Magnums use a wide band air - fuel sensor which senses 0 to 3.5 volts. Traditionally, vehicles use narrow band sensors which sense 0 to 1.1 volts. To finish this story, I have to add an old style oxygen sensor to the exhaust to make it work.

By the way, it took this garage from 8:00am to 5:30pm to install what they did. Granted, it was great work and it is very professionally done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts