Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
Universal kits are just that and will require a LOT of work to make them work for your car. Buy vehicle specific or not at all. Cheaper in the long run as there is less work involved to install them.

20$ more for ones for our cars...
Chrysler 300 300C 300M Vertical Lambo Doors Bolt On 05 up

Several here have used them. Finish is not quite VDI, fit is good, doesn't seem to open quite as much as VDI but the price difference makes the cons seem minor IMHO.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i got the kit specific to the mag how much do you think it would cost to get someone to install it for me? any kind of estimate is good

thanks for helping btw

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Their kits arent bad. You want to get the vehicle specific kit though. I got my kit for $305 shipped. Heavy duty hindges. I suggest cleaning them up and primer/paint prior to unstall. The provided finish is crap IMO. Small price to pay for a inexpensive kit. I think I spent maybe $20 on paint and primer. Hindges come with greese already in the fittings so that is a plus. The fit is not quite perfect. You may have to do very minor modifications. (maybe a little grinding). This is because the bottom portion of the hinge that bolts to the door needs a little grinding to allow the door to shut completely at the bottom. The install is not that hard. The hardest part of it is actually adjusting it. If you place spacers in the door and tape everything off it will make your life a lot easier. There is a good good how to on in the stickys.
http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/styling-mods/5386-how-install-vertical-doors-kit.html

If you decide to pay someone to do it i would guess they would charge around $300 but that is just a guess. I honestly have no idea. If you do go that route, makes sure they dont try to charge you for extending your harness as there is plenty of excess wire in there that it is not required.

The kit over all, I am happy with. They have amazing customer service IMO. I had a shock go bad. I contacted them, on a tuesday. By that friday I had a new shock sitting at my door at no cost. There are 3-4 other members on here that got this kit. i am sure they will give their stories too.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
No worries! Any questions feel free to ask!

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
Ughhh they're website has been in my bookmarks for over a year now LOL Why haven't I done this yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
'Universal' sounds like you'll have to drill the mounting holes yourself. PITA. I wouldn't trust a $250 kit on my car, personally. I don't regret the extra money I spent for my VDI kit, it's quality.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Is there a big difference between the VDI kit and the lambo doors 4 kit. There's a big price difference.
You pay for the construction and ease of installation. That's why VDI is so much more money. You don't wanna have to drill those mounting holes yourself. VDI comes ready to bolt on and are built to last. A car door is freakin heavy !

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Most of the time, You Get What You Pay For, when it comes to car modding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts