Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,758 Posts
What is Custom Magnum of the Month?
  • Custom Magnum of the Month (CMOM) is a monthly SHOW of appreciation to a member who is a valuable part of our community.
Well, who should I nominate for Custom Magnum of the Month?

We ask that you not base your nomination entirely on the vehicle mods, you should also ask yourself the following questions:
  • Who has motivated you to do more to your car because of something they modified on their car?
  • *Who is helping yourself and others by attempting to answer your questions or taken the time to PM you to offer assitance?
Each month there will be around a week of nominations for CMOM. After tallying the nominations, the top 3 nominated will be entered INTO the CMOM voting. Voting will last for another week. The member with the most votes is Custom Magnum for the month!

The winner will be recognized in the community as being the Custom Magnum of the Month and will be asked to write a short description about themselves and their ride. The CMOM winner will also recieve a CMOM Decal.

Nomination Rules:
  • You may nominate ONE member.
  • The person you nominate DOES NOT have to own a Magnum.
  • You may not nominate yourself.
  • You may only submit one nomination; if you submit more than one nomination, all of your votes will be disqualified and you will receive a warning.
  • Do not mass PM users begging for their nomination
  • You may post your pictures and why you think your should be nominated in the this forum

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I think I should be nominated? Dont you?

Stick around long enough, share what you know and help others out.
Do this and I'll nominate you.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
Very cool to repost this STEVE!!! It'll really help some of the newer folks understanding what this really means!
To be nominated and then voted on IS surely and HONOR and I'm sure any of the previous CMOM's will tell you!

I know I wear my BADGE PROUDLY!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
It is a rare honor..........................

:)

Bob

Now elect me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I agree. I'm too am honored to be called CMOM.

·
One wicked azz car!
5,940 Posts
I love when people think they should be nominated that is when i know they know nothing about the CMOM.... anyway congrats to all the past and future CMOM you guys or girls rock this forum.... :)

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
I love when people think they should be nominated that is when i know they know nothing about the CMOM....
Why is this so . . . I am sure there are lots out there that know what a CMOM is and think they should be nominated . . .Hell there are members out there doing lots that goes un-noticed by the vast majority here. I am sure there are some deserving members that just need to speak up . . and according to the rules are more than allowed to within the CMOM nominations thread.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
^people who are deserving of cmom, know that what they are doing for people is not for the recognition. If you are helping people out, just so someone will pat you on the back and say good job, lets make sure everyone hears about this.......then you are doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place.

Being a cmom is about the selfless act of giving....wether its your time, advice, parts, whatever assistance guidance and friendship you can offer. CMOM is a great honor, especially when there are so many deserving, but if the reason that you are doing them is to be recognized....they aren't worthy

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
But that's the thing . . . there are lots of people out there who offer help just for the sake of it and not doing it for recognition . . . and because of which lots of the things being done are going un-noticed because they don't feel the need to post threads about.

But just because they are not in it for recognition does that mean they don't deserve it? . . . it's sort of a catch 22. . . if you perform selfless acts you don't get recognized because you aren't out there bragging about it . . .but if you don't get recognized you don't get nominated for CMOM.

Just saying i don't think it is wrong for someone to eventually speak up for them selves and point out the selfless things they have done . . . because unless they do so no one will even know except for those that have been helped. (Unless of course you have a friend go ahead and post it for you)

·
I just wanna MOD..
304 Posts
I think this is great..for the site and fellow Mag lovers..its like if you win you know people out there really apreciate your ride and you...hope this CMOM goes on forever so one day my turn will come to wear that badge....lol..

oh and how many times can someone be CMOM?

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
^there is not actually a limit, bigal470 is the only one who has one it more than once.

and.....im just saying that I think advertizing for yourself, while technically allowed, is corny. Ive been here for 18 CMOM's, and have never once seen any of them promote the idea of themselves being nominated. More often then not, the people who are nominated are actively campaigning for someone else.

It is more the responsibility, if you will, of the recipient of those good deeds, to post a tribute to that person. If I recieved a great piece of advice, or a gift, from a member, I am going to tell the world about it, but i think that I would think less of that person if they did that on thier own to attract attention to the act.

·
I just wanna MOD..
304 Posts
^^^ yea that is very true I almost everyone I seen that get nominated or picked are very humble and really dont put them selves out there threw the mth to get picked...

o and your sig is awesome!!!

·
I am a computer.
5,685 Posts
^there is not actually a limit, bigal470 is the only one who has one it more than once.

It is more the responsibility, if you will, of the recipient of those good deeds, to post a tribute to that person. If I recieved a great piece of advice, or a gift, from a member, I am going to tell the world about it, but i think that I would think less of that person if they did that on thier own to attract attention to the act.
And that's the other problem . . not everyone is grateful. . lots of times if you help out a new person or end up helping out some ungrateful person (because really we have little idea what people are really like around here) they will not take it on themselves to make it public . . and the one offering the selfless help in the first place will not go ahead and make it public either.

Sometimes it just feels to me that it is the person that has made the most friends or the one that has an absurd post count (even if more than half the posts are hardly insightful) are the ones that end up getting nominated. But then again i guess that is they only way to get recognized if you aren't the one putting it out there.

No disrespect to those who have won. . you obviously won because you deserved it but I hardly think it's fair to judge someone who has done a fair amount of selfless acts without announcing them or searching for recognition to eventually speak up.

And we can go ahead and agree to disagree on that.

·
Going through Magnum withdraws
1,780 Posts
I think it would be nice to see the nominations, not just the final 3 but the whole list! It would give everyone a chance to notice those that don't make it to the final 3 but might have a better chance next month!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts