Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I still have not gotten a magnum yet and am not even 100 percent sure that I will be getting it but I am already dreamin about modding it :049:. Anyways I got a question that may seem rather odd. What is the smallest size rim that will fit on an RT and not interfere with the brakes? Will a 15 or 16 inch rim fit? My idea is to put some steelies on it powdercoated midnight blue to match with a chrome trim ring, baby moons, and some fat white wall tires to complement the magnum's old school look. Shave the moldings and badges and add an exhaust with a nice deep rumble to it and you got a retro magnum. Here is a picture of what i am talking about rim wise

What does everyone think of this? is there anyone here that could chop a midnight blue rt with the molding shaved and some steelies? If so that would be greatly appreciated so i can check it out as i am not fully sure if it would look alright or not.. As for rims for me if I like this idea I may try it.... or im gonna get some nice billet rims like some intro twisted vistas or some boyds :049:. Oh well enough dreamin for now...

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Old School

The front brakes on the R/T's are fairly large diameter and there wasn't much of a gap on the stock 18's between the caliper and the wheel.

Old school as in suede paint or just the old school look. If it's the look there are a couple of companies that do a billet smoothie http://www.wheelvintiques.com/ has both billet and steel upto 18". But you can't go wrong with Boyds, my last two cars run them with zero problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts