Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of Gas Milage are you getting from your Dodge Magnum? Highway/city? What engine do you have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have not seen over 14 yet (math). R/T AWD
:eek:

OK_ I pumped the tires up to 35lbs.
Running 65-70 on cruise I've seen 18-19 on interstate.
Round town still suckx 13-15mpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
About 13 around town...and a hair higher on the highway maybe 14ish...have yet to seen anything higher than 15 :eek:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
northeastern08 said:
About 13 around town...and a hair higher on the highway maybe 14ish...have yet to seen anything higher than 15 :eek:
Sounds like my 03 Hemi ram, 11/15. Thats the reason I traded the beast in.

·
Go Dupont Racing!
33 Posts
8 to 9 in town, our in town is 1.5 miles 2 times a day - 15-18 on the highway. Got 23 once on a long trip downhill.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure about the mpg, but I VERY rarely get over 200 miles per tank in my RT. Then again, I've still only had for a few months and destroying ricers is a hobby of mine, so that might hurt it a bit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm not sure about the mpg on mine either. I know it sucks but right now my parents use it since there car is in the shop. So i can run it all out and have a full tank the next day(so lucky for now). When i use to race ricers 24/7 it was like 10mpg if that. But now my rims are to big and roads suckkkkkkk so i drive pretty slow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tend to drive really slow, I just like to rocket off the line... which is kinda bad for the gas mileage. Ahhhh, speaking of which, I molested a Volkswagen R32 yesterday. However, it was much closer than I assumed it would be just looking at that car.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I use my 06 R/t for work so my highway mileage is with it fully loaded with equipment. With that said, I have been getting 17.6 in the city and 19.9 on the highway. That includes "sudden bursts of speed" for grins and "tuner taunting" too. Ha!
He e' nalu

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about SRTs, does anyone have real life mileage figures for these? Can anyone else confim their figures for the the R/T AWD?

·
Registered
352 Posts
My R/T gets 11.1 when I hit the darn button to see it. I sigh everytime I see those numbers. However, I refuse to go hybrid or ricer/fart can so ill continue to push the pedal to the limit in my hemi until I grow out of it, if thats even possible?

·
Mod Gnome Wrangler
5,927 Posts
5.7 R/T AWD and I'm getting 14-15 City and 22-24 Hwy. Of course since I'm an old retired fart I don't hot rod like those young whipper snappers. Besides it's more fun to scare an import with my 95 Buick Roadmaster (5.7 LT-1 Corvette motor) ! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to ask the group, what kind of tricks could be done to help increase mileage. Would a different air cleaner and mufflers help. If so what brands? I have a 05 with the hemi and see around 13.

One last question. I would like to know the pro's and con's of 87 vs 89 octane fuel.

Jr's Hemi

·
Registered
538 Posts
I get about 290 miles per tank, i use the premium gas..haven't looked at what it is on MPG but i'll be on the lookout.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
The best way to improve your gas mileage is to go easy on the gas pedal. Ha! I am surprised by some of the numbers I'm seeing on the R/T. And I thought I was a leadfoot? It would take drag race launches at every stop light for me to get 11mpg anywhere. And believe me, I dig punching my Mag. Oh well, I guess I'm not having as much fun as some of you guys.

He e' nalu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts