Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i've got a 2005 dodge sxt(3.5l v6) with 51000 on it. I've got the stock tires(pulled after original purchase for michelins) anyway tonight I got a screw in the driver side front tire and it's currently flat. Also I have to remove the center console because my cheap phone charger broke inside. The car is a good mechanical car but has its flaws(needs repainted hood, front end chips, new tires) i've looked at a hemi swap for it runs 4999 plus extra for the five speed it doesn't have. I'll need new tires all around because they don't make the stocks anymore. Should I just trade it off or start customizing? Its paid off, and should yield about 10k trade, I've also got an 04 vrod that could be a possible trade, what would you guys suggest doing in my situation? The lighter and tire happened a few hours ago. This has been a horrible day and night :((((((((

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Those flaws seem very minor to me; especially in compairson to our DEMON car which was a Louisanna Flood Car with TONS of issues. We never did give up on it and it is NOW running fantastic and just turned 28,500 miles.

IMHO If you are "hell bent" on getting a HEMI would be much cheaper to sell yours and just get an RT that's already set up. If you shop around there are some really good deals on some Hemi RTs out there. Ask me HOW I know ~LOL~

Just a side note: Our 06 SXT 3.5L (Yup the DEMON car) is nearly as strong as our RTs. I have NO plans on ever getting rid of that one; of course Tee would have the say on that as that is ONE of her THREE Magnums.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Would you buy a new house cuz the water heater went out ? No. Seems like easy fixes to me. I bought brand new tires on ebay for $500 a set. My hood cost $380 to paint. I had a transmission rebuilt on my first car for $900. That's a lot cheaper than buyin a new car. As much as you spent over the life of that car loan, I'd say get started on repairs.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
I also would find it difficult to believe that you'd see 10k in trade, that's about what they are being advertised for on the dealer lots everywhere I see em.

I think if you want a hemi, just drive this one till you can sell it outright and see max profit off the car. Then, go buy a hemi.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I got 12K on my 2.7l 2005 Chrysler 300 with 103xxx miles on it....so, it's just a matter of where you go for trade-ins :D That's how I got my MSRT....pretty much more than half of the asking price covered right away :D

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Personally, I'd find it hard to give up no car payments... the money you'd spend each month in payments, would sure go a long way towards fixing the items you mentioned.

It's kinda like suicide, a permanent solution for a temporary problem. Why jump into another 60 to 72 months, or more, of car payments, when the problems you mentioned can be repaired at a one time cost... and you'd end up with a much improved ride? And, still no car payments...

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
^^^ I just paid off my Mag after 4 long years of car payments. 7 years total if you count the 05 I had before. It was my first time havin a car loan, my prior car was paid for with cash. The extra money and one less due date to remember is SO worth it. The 8th of every month comes and goes, I don't even notice it anymore. I notice the extra money tho. It adds up quick.

·
Registered
920 Posts
^^I'm paying $485/month for another 22 months....definately looking forward to the title and using the payments towards power adders :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts