Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was wondering what size tubing i need to make a homemade CAI? Like if i go to autozone or pepboys to get the pieces myself. What size is the part that hooks up to throttle body or the right tubing size? I dont want to purchase then its too small or something. Thnkx in advance!! :cool30:

·
GROCERY GETTER
130 Posts
i think its around 3" it probably will cost you more to buy all the parts to make one than just buying a cheap one on ebay.i think you can get one for around $40.00 on ebay

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its around 3" it probably will cost you more to buy all the parts to make one than just buying a cheap one on ebay.i think you can get one for around $40.00 on ebay
Thnkx for the info. I already have the cone filter which is one of the more expensive parts. Ive seen in the stores they have the piece minus filter for the same price u said. I just wanna make sure i can attach my Maf sensor and erg hose to it without having to mod the tube myself. Its just different options im looking at. I really want that big bully! CAI. But ive heard from several members who made their own that they work very well or even better thn some aftermarket ones. Thnkx again

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I have a cheap ebay CAI. ($25) I have a 07 SXT and the intake tube is 3.5". Easy to remember... 3.5" tube on a 3.5L engine.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I have a cheap ebay CAI. ($25) I have a 07 SXT and the intake tube is 3.5". Easy to remember... 3.5" tube on a 3.5L engine.
Oh my lawd, we gots da same yer n modela, das PiMpShYtE rit der! And dat u got da ho memry ting on 3.5=3.5 das da shiznittlebamskittlesnaps yo. Ya da CMOM PiMpAgEnEsS.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I'M A DOUCHE. Disreguard my previous post. I just measured it and it's a 3" tube, VIKES was right. I hope you didn't kick in the door to AutoZone demandin the wrong size tube.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I'M A DOUCHE-CANOE. Disreguard my previous post. I just measured it and it's a 3" tube, VIKES was right. I hope you didn't kick in the door to AutoZone demandin the wrong size tube.
OMG, I cannot believe I have such a lousy judge of CMOM character to vote for a Douche-Canoe. Time for me to go knock-out some push-ups as punishment for erring in such a manner. Fox it Frosty, you DC! How could you do this to me? Why? Why Frosty? Everything I thought I knew hsa just been wiped away like it was written in chalk and you are the eraser. GDI. I'm going to have to snag me a drink of Círoc now. Thanks buddy. I hope I helped you pack your bags! :cry:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, didnt go kickin down the door yey..lmfao. Thnkx for the clarification.
CAT 3, ya lost me..lmfao. I voted for u for Jan 2010 CMOM.
Frostbit, how does the intake sound? Is it loud or definitely makes it sound like something mean under tue hood?

·
"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO"
3,722 Posts
if im not wrong the bb tube for a 3.5 was 4 and for the 2.7 it was 3.5 but i could be wrong

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Frostbit, how does the intake sound? Is it loud or definitely makes it sound like something mean under tue hood?
I can definitely hear the difference, especially in this cold weater. I wouldn't say it sounds mean... but it doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner anymore when I punch the gas. It's a mod I would recommend. Your SXT will sound a lil better, perform a lil better and look a lil better (when ya lift the hood.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts