Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two times have there been an item for sale I have wanted. A hitch and more recently a tuner. Both times pm the seller to get pay instructions and definatly was the first responder and both sell to someone else without any notice or reply on payment instructions.. I like this forum but if that's how its gonna be everyone I might as well just stay on ebay. The tuner guy responded to me then then a few minutes after I said I wanted it sold it else where. I understand that if I had not responded back but damn people have a little integrity.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Hang in there bud. I can understand your frustrations, but it's completely up to the seller who he sells to, for what ever reason. Maybe more comfortable selling to an older member with buying/selling history or a friend or a local, these are all just guesses. Before my 1st purchase I missed out on a lot of deals. Don't sweat it, they'll be more to come.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Like D said, hang in there man!! Alot of times members are afraid to sell to newbies, because we've been burned by people in the past. We've had folks sign up just to buy or sell and then disappear and leave people hanging. It could also be that they've listed the item on more than one site and it sold on another site before it sold on this one..

I can promise if you hang in there, there'll be tons more deals to be had!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It may have something to do with a local buyer also. Some people prefer to sell to a person face to face than to have to ship it.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
There are those that have integrity and those that don't. Consider yourself fortunate that you didn't sent any money.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
I have the phone number for like 80% of the regular members on here, and I have a bad habit of seeing them list something and just calling them direct. so, most of the deals I make happen with no record of it on the forum. I say this to point out, that while it may appear that you have the first response, you don't necessarily know that. Just becuase its not posted, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I don't think its an integrity issue, theres a dozen reasons why things like that could happen.

keep on it, youll find that most here DO have the integrity to follow through on any deal they make with you.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Communication is SO important when dealin with people online. I hate when I'm just left hangin. Treat people online the same as you'd threat em face to face. They don't realize how much their credibility gets damaged or how much future business they just lost. I won't say names, but I've had this happen with a few different members on CM. When you find the good ones, support em as much as you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts