Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm looking to put some 22s on my 2005 2.7... what do I need to know before buying the wheels (newbie here). In layman's terms please. I guess what I want to know is can I get some 22s with a some toyo Proxes ST II 265/35R22 and just install them as is? or will I have to make adjustments (spacers - what do these do exactly? i know, I know "google is my friend", I'll look it up! lol!)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I should add that the wheel I want is 22" with a 7 inch lip. and it says "carry 20, 22, 24, 26" - I thought that meant the merchant sold these sizes but the on the manufacturers website it states clearly that model starts at 22" (no 20s)... so I'm wondering what "carry" means. did a google search and didnt see anything.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tires are among the most important components in the car. The size and the excellent of the wheels considerably impact your excellent of trip and managing so always create sure they are in ideal appearance and situation. The wheels are among the most essential components in the car since they are the ones that create your car move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have ordered Factory Reproductions Vipers wheels for my Mag. My plan was 20x10 with +18 offset for rear and 20x9 with +18 for front. A dry fit of the wheel doesn't look like there is any hope in hell of getting 275 rubber on the rears without some serious rub in the inside of the plastic fender well. Anybody out there have a similar setup and can offer me some advice. I may still have the option to return the rear wheels prior to mounting the rubber and get a pair of 9" back there. I'm stuck between a rock and a fender well...

Update: Decided to go ahead with 285/40/20 rear and 245/45/20 front. Rears had inner wheel well clearance issues only when the car was on jacks for the fitment. Tires rubbed against the little plastic pin gizmos that hold the lower trim in place. Once weight was back on springs, The wheels fit up there real nice with at least a 1/4 inch to spare. The small camber change during spring compression allows the rubber to clear the fender just right, no need to roll at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What brand of tire? I bought a set of 18" sterling 5 spoke wheels - they are nice and the price was basically free! Now I searching to find out what tires to run on my 2008 Mag SXT. I have read around the web that the max width that will fit is 255/55-18, so I am searching now for a great tire for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im going for the Firestone Destination ST. I look at tirerack.com to compare tires. Hint dont forget to look at suv tires. Our car weigh 4500lbs. Suv tires are built for heavy trucks. Many have quiet street treads.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm looking to pick up a set of 22" Viper reps staggered.

My questions are whet problems am I getting into? I don't want any rubbing what so ever. So is it just a stiffer spring smaller tires?

Please help!!!!

·
I don't like change!!!
2,609 Posts

My questions are whet problems am I getting into? I don't want any rubbing what so ever. So is it just a stiffer spring smaller tires?

Please help!!!!
What kind of car with what engine?
My AWD Magnum SXT has 24x11 Asantis out back with 24x9.5's up front. Tires are 275/25/24 at all 4 corners.
My SRT8 Super Bee has 22x10 Viper Reps out back with 295/30/22 tires and 22x9's up front with 265/35/22's.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts

Please help!!!!
Whatever issues you may or may not have will depend on the size of the wheel you want and whether or not you lower your car.

·
I don't like change!!!
2,609 Posts
If you're doing 9" wide up front the standard - or at least most used - tire size is 265/35/22 in any brand of tires. If your staggered setup has 10" width Viper reps in the back, I've seen 285, 295, and even 315 fit with no issues. Like Fireman said if your car is lowered that could be the difference between fitting or not.

Otherwise, with the stock SRT suspension you will be just fine lock to lock going forward and back.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fireman2118 an DA H.N.I.C.,

Thanks so much!

Yes I have to lower it I don't need to go California low but just to make it all look right.

Fireman2118,

I see your setup an I like how yours sits. So is it fare to say that your setup is the standard for staggers? Dose your rub at all even with 4 people in the car?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got the green light will have the Magnum home next week.

So now I must start buying Toyz ASAP! Wheels/Tires & Suspension... Yay Me!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts