Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looking to put 255-45-20 on helo rims with +35 offset rims. Will I have any issues. Going on a awd rt magnum

·
Registered
545 Posts
Here is some info I have found.

The LX platform is designed to accommodate up to a 275mm width up front and a range offset from 12.5mm to 24mm. You want to stay between 28.6" and 29.3" in tire diameter, optimally. You can go as small as 28.3" in tire diameter to keep everything calibrated correctly on our cars, but no smaller.

At a +24mm offset, would this put the tire right at the edge of the stock fender?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Interestingly, Tirerack just told me that a 20x8.5 with a 28mm offset would work on my car. Granted, that is only 0.15" more, and the wheel isn't 9-10" wide...sounds like it should work based on the fact that a 9.5" wide with a 24mm offset will work. I did a thread search for "8.5" and came up with nothing, but there will be less hanging out on both sides. But I think you will b limited to a 245mm wide tire, a 255 may fit, but be stretched.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
help pleas

My boy has a 2010 rt awd charger and need the offset for his wheels he just got some 20" and they stick out to much they had to use spacer cud wheels touch arm? Pls help thanks in advance..sorry I haven't post nothing for almost a year or two..had to give up my magnum. $$ conditions

·
I don't like change!!!
2,609 Posts
My boy has a 2010 rt awd charger and need the offset for his wheels he just got some 20" and they stick out to much they had to use spacer cud wheels touch arm? Pls help thanks in advance..sorry I haven't post nothing for almost a year or two..had to give up my magnum. $$ conditions
+55mm offset

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well i got a set of brand new 24" with new tires from a buddy of mine for 500. I have an 06magnum 3.5sxt will i have any problems having these on the car? I know the ride will be a lil harder

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im currently running 245 / 40 20 with a 2" drop all around . I am shopping for some new rubber and was thinking of increasing my size to 255 40 20 or maybe 255 45 20 ... anyone else with a 2" drop and 20's? What are you running ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm looking to go the other way... just for cheap winter/snow tires for my SRT8. Initially a few local shops told me that I had to stick with 20" tires to clear the brakes, but then I found online that Tire Rack says that a few 18" wheels will work. Does anyone know for sure what range of offset/backspacing will allow 18" rims to clear SRT brakes? I can get 4 new 18" wheels and snow tires cheaper than just 4 new 20" snow tires. :crazy:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm looking to go the other way... just for cheap winter/snow tires for my SRT8. Initially a few local shops told me that I had to stick with 20" tires to clear the brakes, but then I found online that Tire Rack says that a few 18" wheels will work. Does anyone know for sure what range of offset/backspacing will allow 18" rims to clear SRT brakes? I can get 4 new 18" wheels and snow tires cheaper than just 4 new 20" snow tires. :crazy:

Thanks in advance.
Personally offsets and things of that nature are my weak point for knowledge. But I can tell you without a doubt that you can go as small as 17" on SRT vehicles. I have 17" drag radials I use for the track. Personally if it was me I would go for 18" like you stated rather than 17" . Sorry I can't help for offset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ship A1 standard enclosed car transport makes it sure that vehicle transport is done in an exquisite and exclusive style. Ship A1 cat transport considers that auto transport Americans should have the luxury and convenience to indulge in the delight of having their car shipping right at their doors.vehicle transport

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info. My new set of black rock wheels arrived yesterday and I'm going to install it this coming weekend. Not sure if my stock tires would suffice that's why I'm still looking for the right tires that'll complement my new rims.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts