Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i sold my wheels and tires , i liked them but they started pitting . I am looking for a wider wheel tire in the rear but with all wheel drive i need them to be the same height .
Anyone done this yet ? am thinking 18/19/20's , depends on the wheel . Any pics ? i have adjustable KW coilovers and have the rear up just a bit as i like the look .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lots of views ... no comments . just spoke to a wheel/tire company , they suggest not going wider in rear as with the AWD it will messes with the traction control system as well as the transfer case , they have had several issues with this .... anyone heard of this ??

·
Registered
159 Posts
lots of views ... no comments . just spoke to a wheel/tire company , they suggest not going wider in rear as with the AWD it will messes with the traction control system as well as the transfer case , they have had several issues with this .... anyone heard of this ??
For AWD all four corners have to have exactly same diameter tire. Otherwise, what the tire company said is true. Transfer case will be seeing different speeds from the front / back and will be trying to lock up the front to the back thinking you have wheel slip. Well, that is with a RWD bias AWD system. I'm not sure what the Magnum's AWD is. If it is always engaged then that transfer case is going to be spinning constantly to compensate between the front and back. The transfer case is not made for constant duty like that.

You would be taking a big risk not having all four rims and wheels the same. Sorry. Good luck. Personally I think your Mag looks great from the picture in your Member stats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I understand about the industry you really don't want to stagger your sizes, at all, in a AWD. I Personally would not stagger the sizes, but you can definitely go wider.
I do know for a fact that you have 29 inches before you hit that bolt over the front tires but to be on the safe side I stuck around 28". 265/40r20's would work you could probably push a 275 in width but then the tires just end up being wider than necessary. A tire place is going to suggest these sizes: 245/45r20, 245/55r18, 255/45r19

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI AWD is 62% RWD gathered from my research for my 05 (07 frt diff) seems to bear that out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good Morning All,

Can anyone confirm the fit of 255/45R20's on a 2006 Magnum RT awd? I just purchased a set of Vision 142 Legend 5's (20 x 8.5, +32 offset) and was planning to buy a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS06 (Dry Wet Snow)
255/45ZR20 and don't want rubbing issues.

These rims have taken over 2 months to get sorted out and I don't want any additional issues.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Peace
Anthony

·
Registered
26 Posts
IMG_0101(1).jpg
Good Morning All,

Can anyone confirm the fit of 255/45R20's on a 2006 Magnum RT awd? I just purchased a set of Vision 142 Legend 5's (20 x 8.5, +32 offset) and was planning to buy a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS06 (Dry Wet Snow)
255/45ZR20 and don't want rubbing issues.

These rims have taken over 2 months to get sorted out and I don't want any additional issues.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
they fit beautifully.... in case anyone else was wondering!
Peace
Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts