Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Question on AWD cornering:

A RWD pushes you into a curve while a FWD pulls you in. It makes a huge difference to know this and drive to the strength of the platform. But what does an AWD do and what's the best way to leverage it?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Question on AWD cornering:

A RWD pushes you into a curve while a FWD pulls you in. It makes a huge difference to know this and drive to the strength of the platform. But what does an AWD do and what's the best way to leverage it?
Our AWD is a 30/70 split (70% to the rear) which give the car a rwd drive bias.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2006 Magnum R/T AWD with a 6.1 HEMI, built valve train, 268 Rumbler Cam by HHP, 125 HP Nitrous Xpress kit, 3200 FTI Stall TC, Katzkin interior, 22" Niche Pulse, BCR Coilovers, Police Package brakes, and a helluva lot more... I've owned the car since early 2008 and have put over 100k miles on it right here in Wyoming.

Nice! Thought the biggest AWD engine was 5.7?
Take note of the shared pictures my friend, they are of my swap in progress... the biggest OEM AWD was 5.7. There's a few of us out there with 6.1 conversions and there are also others with even bigger yet in their AWD cars.. By this time next year, I should be stroked to 426 CI, or at least 392... still pushing my nitrous when wanted. I just haven't quite decided yet.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
05 (bought in 07, 2nd owner) AWD RT Steel Blue 186k on it, 1 transmission replacement, Frankentake C.A.I, Bobs Blastin Pipes, 186 Tstat, and Diablo programmer. Just put new shoes on her and she is getting new light housing front and back with LEDs, and next month new front struts and brakes then tranny service and then lastly in August I give it to my 18yr old for his college car. It has done our family well and he can sleep in it when he needs a break from the dorm:giggle:

181 - 184 of 184 Posts