Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was it that turned you onto the magnum?

For me, as soon as I saw the first commercial, I knew I had to have one. The sleek "chopped" style roof line and the hemi had me sold. It would take a year and some convincing of the wife, but I finally had my car that I had dreamed of owning for so long.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well that's an easy one, Just look at it. The magnum it's the most practical and sinister looking cars on the road, and with the AWD option...and living in the Chicago area dealing with the snow and ice, I love my AWD R/T!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
work and the hemi i own a high end floor store and have to be carefull what i drive i use it like a work van on appointments and love the way it rides. Choped and bad but still repectfull till i did the exhust

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wanted a Charger, but with one child already, and at least one more requested...I need all the room I can get. Besides, who wants to drive an SUV now-a-days? The Magnum is a bad-ass soccer mom-mobile, and I'm a proud pappa driving it!

The wife can keep her stupid Ram 1500 quad cab, with the...snicker...17 inch wheels!

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
When I first saw the concept Magnum in HOT ROD 3+ years ago I knew I would own one if the were ever built. After 20 years on front drive 4-doors it was time for a change. So on Premiere Night at my local Dodge dealer in early June '04 I got it and it has been love ever since. 48,000 trouble free miles, so far.

Fully loaded R/T = FUN.

I used to get stopped almost daily by people wanting to check it out and ask questions when it was new because they just weren't any on the road, it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
After getting 11/15mpg in the Ram and gas hitting $3 a gal, knew I had to get rid of my Redneck Pickup. I was looking at the 300, but it was to Bling Bling. Then I thought to myself would I be able to switch from a Ram to a station wagon? The more and more I saw it I knew it was in the forerunning.

Then the news of the mustang came out. Man that sure looked pretty!! After taking having a couple of rentals, im glad I didnt wait for the mustang. The V-6 version is pretty stout, but the road noise is almost as loud as the Magnum with the FM 40's. It would have driven me nuts. Ssooo the Magnum it was!

Too bad I was $8k down on the Ram. I just saw the commercial for 0.0% at Dodge again. Went looking at a 06 Charger SE $23K + the 10K that I am down now on the Magnum = $550 month payments. About the same as I have now. The thing that got me out of the new car bug was the 3/36 warranty. I have the 7/70 on the Magnum HERE THAT DODGE!!!!!!!! If you had a rear warranty I might be driving a new Charger!! I sat there at the dealer and looked at them side by side, and I heard one of the lot monkeys say "Hot Car", I said yeah the Charger is. He said "No Yours", he just lost a maybe sell hahah.

On the way out I saw a 07 Caliber SXT for $17k. It looks ok on the outside, but the shifter console looks cheap as hell. BUt if course it is $10k down from the rest of the cars so it is like comparing apples to oranges, but should have just put the shift linkage on the steering column and left the center area empty.

Ok enough of my ramblin!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking for a daily driver. Didn't want another mini van or any of the look alike SUVs. I liked the chopped look and wanted AWD. Also the rarity of its looks. Had to be a all weather car but didn't need 9" of ground clearence to drive around every day. So that put me in with 5.7 Hemi. Nice car execpt for Conti tires and MPG>

·
Registered
27 Posts
old school joe, when i first seen the commercial it looked like a custom wagon with a chopped top i liked the car ,than the next commercial when i heard it had a hemi that was it i had hemies in the early fifties , that the engine that made BIG DADDY GARLETS FAMOUS till today hemi is the king but thats my openion , i never liked 4 doors that why i didnt buy a charger but the magnum has the lines for a 4 door , now the challanger that another thing , hmmmmm joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
steve said:
What was it that turned you onto the magnum?

For me, as soon as I saw the first commercial, I knew I had to have one. The sleek "chopped" style roof line and the hemi had me sold. It would take a year and some convincing of the wife, but I finally had my car that I had dreamed of owning for so long.
ditto:fing02:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Fast and Unique. We all like to show off and with this car I can show off, carry 3 adults in relative comfort and not break the bank. And I can sleep in it and not be twisted up when I go to the races.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wanted good space to carry my hockey junk but didnt want a gas guzzling Tahoe. So, saw the Magnum and knew it was the car for me. Plus, we had Chevy stationwagons growing up as kids so I thought the Magnum was a great modern version!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I went back and forth for over a year on this ride. The looks got me right away. The question was ..... could I really drive a "station wagon"? I do commercial photography for a living so .... I needed a fair amount of space for photo equipment and an assistant for location shoots. My 04 Expedition was killing me on MPG so I finally pulled the trigger on the Magnum. The styling and MDS Hemi put it over the top. It's truly a "cool ride".

L8R
He e' nalu

·
Registered
52 Posts
Needed a new car for the wife and my buddy back in So Cal just bought a inferno red hemi 05 mag and we parked the mag next to his 55 nomad and WOW!-retro nomad, I was sold and bought her a new inferno red SE- with dark tint and soon to add the 18" R/T wheels. Great gas mileage with the 2.7 and hope to find some bolt-on duals as well. 2008 Challenger big block will be for me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
koolone said:
I was looking to buy a Charger but my Wife's uncle died and left the Mag to us. And I love it.
That is the sadest way to get the badest ass power wagon ever. Sorry and congrats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts