Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my front windows tinted earlier this month and from the inside it looks great, but when you look at it on the outside, the tint doesn't completely cover the window and to me looks tacky. Did anyone else have that problem?

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like a bad tint job. I can't picture what you are trying to describe. Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of the drivers window. It didn't turn out too great, but I think you can see the gap. Also a picture of my Magnum. It goes into the paint shop on the 17th of August to get the mirrors, spoiler, and rear wiper painted to match the car. New tint goes on next weekend from a guy that says he can cover the whole thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also had a few bubbles that didn't go away, so I went back to have them redo it, but their warranty states a 5% imperfection clause and they said the bubbles didn't make up 5%. Their answer for the gap was that they get the dimensions from each manufacturer and computer cut the film and that was the dimensdions for the magnum. They lost my business for the rest of our vehicles.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My tent turned out perfect. From an engineers prospective, there is no way to go on manufacturing specs. when doing tent. The tent comes in rolls and must be measured and cut to fit each window. I can't quite see how they can pre-cut (and this is what it sounds like) tint to fit a window. Then the tent has to be measured and cut for the outside of the window thus, making the dimentions a tad larger than the inside due to a slightly larger surface area. When this cut tent is then place on the inside of the window where it should be, the tint sheet should be large enough to push down into the door/window slot and also be largre enough to slide around into place. Soap is used to make this happen and then pushed out with a straight blade to get rid of the bubbles. There might be a few bubbles but if it is done correctly, will disappear as the tent dries onto the window itself. I would make them redo the tent. (I don't mean to sound negative) but this sounds like a group of people that may be buying tent from the local store and ran short with the material.

Just a thought - Let us know how it goes and I'm sure with enough pressure your tent will be fixed. If satisfaction can't be found, I would tell them to remove the tint, return your money and go some where else.

Regards and good luck,

Peybella (Greg Carithers)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the tint done at a national chain, not sure if I should say the name, but I contacted the head office and they said the store I went to would look at it again, but I don't want to pay the money again to drive 50 miles just to have them say no. Guess I'll chock it up to a learning experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think you should say the name of the company. It's the only way we as the consumer can stick together and not do business with companys that are not going to give us first class service when we spend our hard earned money.

just my 2 cent

·
Registered
531 Posts
koolone is correct. This kind of thing needs to be shared.

Just another 2 cents.

Let me know if you would like a letter written to the company from a lawyer. You can use the firm I have on retainer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The chain that did the tint was Alta Mere. I was going to have them do the rest of our vehicles and put the headrest DVD player in, but now will have to find someone else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Share the name, there is usually a tiny strip along the top of the window that isnt covered but it's usually tiny. Next time, find a tinting place that has a lifetime warranty, if you look hard enough you can definetly find one. If you had factory tints on the back two windows did they tell you that the tint wouldnt be the exact color since it was from the factory?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had my Expedition done by them and they covered the whole window, that's why I was surprised when they couldn't do the same for my Magnum. The tint matched my back windows perfect color wise, it's that spot where there is no tint that I was upset with. I found another shop that said they could cover the entire window, so I'm going to let them redo it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts