Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the installation is getting done at my drift shop the only problem they're running into is tuning it not to make too much boost during idlethe m90 definitely should come with a bypass valve installed

·
Praise the Lowered!
3,157 Posts
More pics.

How is your installer dealing with the short and long runner valves? You will need a BOV for sure, a surge will cause you some serious headaches if you don't. Is your tuner person familiar with the Dodge system? What kind of tuner do you have? Diablosport?

You shouldn't have any boost at idle, you should only have vacuum. Boost should kick in around 3K RPM where your power curve starts. If you have boost at idle, you will have way too much boost around the power curve and you are gonna start destroying your engine from the inside out. You can run 10 pounds rather safely, but any more than that and the word safely goes away the higher you go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right rob the kit isnt as "ready to run" as they made it seem. I should get my car back by this weekend but they did have to install a custom BOV and a few other fabrications when I get my car back I will post more pics and more info

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everything did bolt up correctly as far as the supercharger and the mounting bracket the problems that the shop had were the supercharger did not come with a bypass valve so that had to be fabricated ,the provided bracket did not supply sufficient belt tightening so a new bracket was fabricated , the book kept getting chewed up. As far as using the Diablo tuner ,I recommend HP Tuner for this application. -

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The short runner and tuna valve we removed butt connectors left alone.MAP sensor bracket was fabricated. The kid was more like a base model kit that did not come with everything there was no boost gauge the pictures that are shown on the site are pictures of people who have already gotten it installed like me if I send them a picture of it installed they will probably post it on their site lick it was more like a base model kit that did not come with everything there was no bruce gauge the pictures that are shown on the site our pictures of people who have already gotten it installed like me if I send them a picture of it installed they will probably posted on their site

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After they installed the supercharger onto the Dino I have dyno results but that the dyno results are only showing from first to second gear results there is too much torque for this transmission it goes from 1st to 2nd but doesn't want to go to next gear without letting off throttle as I already researched and will be putting in either the five-speed nag 1 or installing higher gears in the 4 speed with a higher stall torque converter. No extra cooling needs no overheating issues stays lil below middle notch so far

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.