Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have owned my 2005 magnum RT for a year now and I love it. Glad to have found this forum ordering from carid. Recently my dash started showing rke battery low the it wouldn't start. I changed the the battery in my key and it still wouldnt start but started when I got a jump. Next day wouldn't start so I got jump and drove to get my battery checked. They say my battery is good so does anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Who said your battery is good and how did they check it? Try using another battery. Sounds like your battery needs to be replaced.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
The battery light on your dash is an indicator for the car's battery, not the key's battery. Sounds like you need a new car battery.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Sounds like car battery time!!!!!

The car battery was tested? How? testing with a volt meter may tell you it has 12 volts but it will not tell you if it has the capacity... you need a load tester for that.. but if a jump starts you right up, you have a bad battery....

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The battery light on your dash is an indicator for the car's battery, not the key's battery. Sounds like you need a new car battery.
RKE low is remote keyless entry battery low.

·
Meet Celeste
4,659 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey!!! You'll find whatever you need here. Be sure to post pics!!!

Like everyone else said...battery time!!!

Hope the mod bug bites :haha:

Matt

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Welcome! Have you identified the problem yet?

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Welcome from a SIX MAGNUM and two 300SRT family in North Carolina.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sounds like you have a bad Alternator or a loose or bad negative connection. you get a jump, the car runs, but the battery never charges. so next time you try to start it, you'll get nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts