Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 SXT with the stock 17" alloys. I just switched them out with a set of 18" wheels from a 2006 300C (non AWD). They look good and went on fine except for one little thing. The center caps will not go back on and it seems like the height of the lug nuts is the problem (it's honestly hard to tell). I don't feel like they have to be forced in and I'm worried that I would crack or break them trying to force them on. Could it be that the lugs on the 300C are different as far as height goes?? I am little stumped and embarrassed (feel like I am not doing that "one little thing" right) and any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, the center caps go in from the backside of the wheel... put in before the rims are mounted. Don't be embarrassed, I can't count the number of "Duh" moments I've had... and that's just today

·
Registered
31 Posts
i did the same thing and you have to get old style reg wheel nuts (open ones) it was areal pain , but they look nice on there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, the center caps go in from the backside of the wheel... put in before the rims are mounted. Don't be embarrassed, I can't count the number of "Duh" moments I've had... and that's just today
They can't go in that way. I think neri11 is right. I am going to hunt for the old style open lugs. Thanks for the tips!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts