Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
yep had the part added and code reset as soon as i hit 100 miles after work p0520 and p1521 popped back on.anyone else have any other answers for this...... damn time for registration soon..... if i were to get the codes reset and had my emission performed as soon as reset do you think i will pass...

headed to the dealership becuase the shop said that the problem was most likely the wiring and that the didnt handle that. so i took it to the dealership after the diagnostic they said that they were getting power from the wires and that the oil sensor was bad luckly it was still under warrenty even tho i bought it about 5 months ago i just put it in, they replaced it with another part.... i'm happy i get home the next damn day the engine light is back on with the oil light... now i am getting code 0522 the oil light went off after the car warmed up call the shop back they said prev i was getting an oil pressure sensor high error and now a low error or something like that but anyway i'm back up here now....

·
Registered
138 Posts
So about two months later, new programmer installed and several runs made- still have the P0520 code. $35-60 do I fix, again?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
So about two months later, new programmer installed and several runs made- still have the P0520 code. $35-60 do I fix, again?
Did you clean out the sensor connector plug? Are the wires intact? Is the connection between the sensor and plug ok? If the connector plug and wires are good and the plug is clean, try another sensor.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
When you changed it out, did you clean the plug out? I sprayed wd-40 and used some lung power to make sure it was good and dry, then hooked up the new one. It's been good since...but if you didnt clean it out, that might be the problem, just a thought

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did not clean it out enough I will admit (dummy). Also the plug looks slightly mistreated (not me) so maybe I should replace the plug & sensor? Shes running strong still thankfully.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I did not clean it out enough I will admit (dummy). Also the plug looks slightly mistreated (not me) so maybe I should replace the plug & sensor? Shes running strong still thankfully.
Clean out the plug and sensor connection!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll jump into it this weekend and see. I'm going to clean and dry it properly this time and see.

Damn things a rocket... Almost blocked out the check engine light w/ the gleam off my smile.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Took out the switch and oil is getting past the switch into the connection. Cleaned all associated parts, got the code again w/ in 15 min on first drive. Seems I'll have to replace it again. Although who gives a crap, I'm okay w/ the check engine light as long as she's running strong. I am almost 100% positive it will throw the code again if I replace the switch.....

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Took out the switch and oil is getting past the switch into the connection. Cleaned all associated parts, got the code again w/ in 15 min on first drive. Seems I'll have to replace it again. Although who gives a crap, I'm okay w/ the check engine light as long as she's running strong. I am almost 100% positive it will throw the code again if I replace the switch.....
You may not have cleaned the connection well enough.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oil shouldn't be getting to the electrical connection right? No matter how well its cleaned, if that happens means my sensor is shot and the P520 will appear again??
Maybe there an issue w/ my oil pressure that it's blowing out the seal in the switch. 3 rd sensor in 6 months....

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Oil shouldn't be getting to the electrical connection right? No matter how well its cleaned, if that happens means my sensor is shot and the P520 will appear again??
Maybe there an issue w/ my oil pressure that it's blowing out the seal in the switch. 3 rd sensor in 6 months....
I replaced mine twice in two weeks. I had residual oil in the plug from the first sensor leaking and didnt realize it until it was too late. I took the air hose to it for about ten minutes to make sure all the oil was out, then chaged sensors. so far so good...

·
Registered
138 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341338175.157893.jpg

My rockauto replacement (top) looks closer to the orig one that I first pulled (bottom). The center one is OE MOPAR from the stealership. Center hole size seems to differ??

Cleaning now... Wish me luck. As always best forum on the net!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Works fine now. Hail !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I realize that I'm resurecting this thread after almost a year, but I wanted to extend a big thank you to the OP for taking the time to document this process as well as everyone else that has contributed. It was invaluable and made my life a lot easier today. My P0520 code and check engine light are now gone :) I'm just hoping that it stays gone. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had my mechanic change mine when he did the brake upgrade. Since I retired, my wife allows me to take it to a great independent mechanic. I used to do ALL our car repairs. But I'm really, really TIRED of laying on the concrete to get to things. And my indy mechanic does great work for a fair price.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts