Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got my parts and plan to do this install on the weekend. I have one questions that I couldn't really see addressed here: do you need an alignment after changing the strut? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I got my parts and plan to do this install on the weekend. I have one questions that I couldn't really see addressed here: do you need an alignment after changing the strut? Thanks,
It's not a bad idea to have it checked anytime you replace front end components.

·
Registered
204 Posts
To stiffen up our suspensions we used to pack the holes in the new bushings with silicone. Its seemed to make them a little stronger. I might try it if I find out mine are bad. (which i'm sure they are since just about everything is broken on my mag).....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
As mentioned good write up. Whats the part numbers I need from Rockauto? I looked on there wedsite and can't find tension struts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As mentioned good write up. Whats the part numbers I need from Rockauto? I looked on there wedsite and can't find tension struts.
If u look under control arms, they will be there. The part #'s I received this week was MS25120 & MS25121 Mevotech, There are cheaper ones like Dorman. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
awesome write up! just had the mag in to get wheels balanced and they showed me that these were going bad and they needed replaced. i told them i could probbaly do them myself and they qouted me $486.98 to do it!!! f that mess! just looked at the recommendation sheet, same part numbers but they said the parts are 169.99 a piece!! must be nice to be a crook! im so glad we have this community to help each other out and save time, money, and aggravation! thanks again custommagnums!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
awesome write up! just had the mag in to get wheels balanced and they showed me that these were going bad and they needed replaced. i told them i could probbaly do them myself and they qouted me $486.98 to do it!!! f that mess! just looked at the recommendation sheet, same part numbers but they said the parts are 169.99 a piece!! must be nice to be a crook! im so glad we have this community to help each other out and save time, money, and aggravation! thanks again custommagnums!!!
Same here, stealership quoted me the same, after I told him forget that I'll do it myself, he tried to tell me only we have the right tools to do. So wut did I do.... I brought in my pad and showed him the picks on this thread, he had nothin to say lol...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
If u look under control arms, they will be there. The part #'s I received this week was MS25120 & MS25121 Mevotech, There are cheaper ones like Dorman. Hope this helps
Yup that helps and thanks! Beans your way Bro.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just want to thank everyone for their detailed write-ups and pictures. I had that horrible clunk so I started out with changing the tension struts. (this is the first time I have ever done a car repair of my own) so once I did the tension struts I thought heck lets see wut else I can do. So I changed the sway bar endlink,bushing,inner and outer tierods. And I have to say its like driving a new car. No longer do I have any noise and after I had an alignment it feels like Im gliding on the road, Its incrediable!!!! again I cant thank CM enough for saving me alot of money, and giving me the confidence to do more things to my car without having to take it to the stealership.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Thanks for all the great info, I just ordered upper and lower control arms(like they are grease-able), figured if I have her opened up, may as well get er done. That way I can be rid of the clunking noise. Besides I'm doing both cats, coolant bleeder, thermostat, and seals on the right side of the rack and pinion.

Good thing I took Friday off, another fun weekend!!! :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thanks for all the great info, I just ordered upper and lower control arms(like they are grease-able), figured if I have her opened up, may as well get er done. That way I can be rid of the clunking noise. Besides I'm doing both cats, coolant bleeder, thermostat, and seals on the right side of the rack and pinion.

Good thing I took Friday off, another fun weekend!!! :)
I would be very interested in hearing about how the rack seal repair goes for you. I think I'm in the same boat there but haven't found any info on just what is involved.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just completed this & LBJ today. Thank you for the write up, such a big help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the info, that and pictures and video was an awesome undertaking,really do appreciate the effort involved. hope you can get vibration issues worked out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
this is a super write up. I saved to my phone.

I just noticed however after checking my invoices, my mechanic installed the same one on my right front last year that I bought on Rockauto for $50 and charged me $59 to install and $79 for alignment.
for that price I'll stick with him doing it on my left.

My issue is upper ball joint on the right. I am getting the bed spring creaking sound at slow speeds and stop and go. That looks like a real tough job to me.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts